1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sean Davis ranked one of worst Strong Safties in 2017

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Where's Mitchell in his rankings?

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lol he died

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sad, Carnell & Coach T have to coach these guys up. C'mon we can't let

a 1rst & 2nd fail. We have to see production out of him and Artie.

Art II should demand this from his coaching staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    now that is a good question...

I liked the Davis pick but boy he needs to tighten up that tackling. I didn't like Jaquiski Tartt coming out just because of the small school background but he is ranked pretty high. Nice work by him

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    When has our DB guru of a head coach ever coached up any young DB? Seriously, name one. Burns looked promising initially, but looked as if he regressed this past season. Talented, but wildly inconsistent. I was expecting much more from him, especially with Haden coming in and taking some of the heat off him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Mitchell's a free safety.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Davis should be at Free Safety and Mitchell should be on the Browns.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Mitchell sucks . He's all talk . I really hope he is NOT wearing a Steelers uniform next year

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Terry Bradshaw dipped into the Steelers' coaching acumen once again. The Hall of Famer told Sporting News he wasn't sure why the team fired Todd Haley. "It would seem to me more like the head coach has to recognize the people he's hiring to run that defense aren't doing the job. Firing Haley made no sense. What did he do wrong? That's why he was hired right away by Cleveland."

11. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Damnit I know this! Was asking since you were looking into such things

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I liked Budda Baker and Keanu Neal coming out. Hurts seeing them so high :facepalm:

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    DB coach Nick Rapone formerly of the Cards would be a nice upgrade imo. Did pretty good with Baker, Tony Jefferson (before Ravens), Peterson, Mathieu, Tyvon Branch. Obviously some premium picks there but still...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Haleys being booted is known "why" and honestly, it needed to happen. Pissing matches between him and Ben aside, his O ran its course and needs a jolt in a few areas that he wasn't gonna give it. Terry is right tho in presumptive talk... The D needs some attention paid to it. The O has the talent to make whatever scheme show success regardless. The D doesn't have that type of talent and minus Shazier it got even worse, though a lot of similarities showed up at home in the playoffs on the D side of the ball that were there with Ryan running the show.

Seriously gang... I don't know if butler should be ran off or Tomlin told to quit sticking his dick in the mash potatoes... Idk! I can tell you at the sake of dragging in the ****ing pats again, I don't know who they have outside of their safety on their roster that supplants our D's roster. I say safety, because ours didn't cut it.

Coaching/scheme can cover serious holes. Losing Ryan sucked, but it's not on par with losing Ben... The whole ship should not have sunk on that side of the ball. Sorry but we know the majority of teams go the way of their QB. Conversely speaking, D plays a bigger hand in championship ball. This D could've been good enough to help a high idling O, it just wasn't or it just didn't. It was good enough to beat New England... The scheme was not, the coaches short sighting **** was not.

15. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Nahh he's a beast he's just what we need for NE. We planning for the future so keep getting guys like him in the draft.

17. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I love it when Bradshaw talks about Steelers. I mean how bout when he said Tomlin was a cheerleader coach . I absolutely loved it and good ole Terry was absolutely correct and then Tomlin gets ole mad .... please Tomlin don't get upset at a Steelers legend . Bradshaw had 4 lombardis in 6 years at one time in his career . You on the other hand have 1 Lombardi trophy in 11 years and that was with Cowhers boys.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
  19. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I kept saying he was awful months ago and got a lot of flack. Some fans just don't know as much about football as others, but that's ok too

20. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't think Burns was ever that good. I honestly believe that he didn't regress, it was that the other teams had a full season of tape on him and they were able to figure out how he plays. In his rookie season he showed a tendency to bite on hitch routes and would get burned by the double move, this season he had the same problem. To make matters worse he seems to go off script on his own looking for INTs and it normally ends up as a big play.

I didn't keep count but it just seemed like a majority of the big play "miscommunication" break downs would happen on his side. I mentioned this before, Burns reminds me of Deion Sanders but without the coverage skills, he genuinely looks as if he is avoiding contact, I've seen it so many times that I just can't come to any other conclusion.

Sean Davis is just sad, excellent tackler but poor coverage skills, and his reads are flat out bad. It isn't regression, he is in his second season and was asked to do a little more and he just doesn't have the football I.Q. to understand what is going on, this could be coaching but I'm not sure. I thought coaching might have been the problem with Shamarko Thomas but he hasn't been able to play his position with the Jets or the Bills, career ST player.

Davis looks to be a more physically gifted Thomas, he makes the same bad reads and takes poor angles when chasing the ball carrier, time to move on. I think the Steelers need help with scouting on DBs, I think this season they need to get some good D-line that can get pressure without having to blitz, it is bad enough the CBs aren't good, but having such poor safety play really kills them.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Like when he called Chuck Knoll a "jerk", and said the game had passed him by...

Or when he defended Tomlin against Colin Cowherd... https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...nds-Mike-Tomlin-Pittsburgh-Steelers-111336157

Or just when he says something you already agree with...?

I think Terry is entertaining, but I wouldn't see his views as much more than that.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    WJIII > Burns all day lol

24. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I’m shocked there are people that didn’t already know this. Did you not watch a single game ?

25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Nobody should be shocked here, it was said here many times, we have the worst combined Safeties in the NFL, along with coaches who can't see this or can't fix it.

• Agree Agree x 1