1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Science facts and fiction

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Born2Steel, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thing to remember about science facts , and fiction is that many things known as facts at one time have become fiction, and many things known as fiction at one time have become facts. It's a ever changing thing.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Science itself is an ever changing thing. Given the resources at the time people believed the earth was flat. As people and their understanding of things grew they formulated a hypothesis that the earth wasn’t flat and proved it to be true.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    There are scientific articles on some newer discoveries, and/or new findings on older theories coming out pretty regularly. Doesn’t mean some things won’t get debunked over time.

Space exploration, telescope information, new technologies, even things right here own Earth can still be exciting or downright scary. There are new species of insect and underwater life still being discovered.

These are more to my meaning.

When it comes to scifi, I am talking about things more related to Roswell, Bermuda Triangle, recently scientists think they have found Amelia Earhart’s plane.

• Like Like x 2
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Bigfoot

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There was a discussion on here not too long ago. Some people STILL insist that the Earth is flat

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I heard this recently but don’t remember from where. The Earth is 71% water and 0% of that water is carbonated. Therefore, the Earth is flat.
    Lol!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Oh arch and mashburn are two. I have a tendency of ignoring them. Not worth the energy. Fun to poke at occasionally, but that’s about it

• Like Like x 1
  9. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I've been in the Bermuda Triangle many times while in the Navy. The first time was on Halloween, so I was kinda nervous.

I was TAD once on an aircraft carrier and we lost a plane in the Triangle. It suddenly just disappeared from radar and stopped transmitting all electronic signals. No signs of it or wreckage were ever found.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    To astrophysicists, JWST = El Diablo. Seems like every astro-related headline reads "Astronomers Have Found Something In Deep Space That Shouldn't Be There!" Or "There's No Explanation For What Was Recently Found!". As some have astutely said herein, Science is an ever-evolving subject. Not like the self-proclaimed know-it-all Neal De Grasse Tyson who has even been mocked by Astronomy Magazine for being over the top on claiming certainty about astro-science matters. Just let discovery unfold and embrace changes of collective knowledge.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Rumor has it that we're sending a woman to Mars first. That way she can have sandwiches made when the real astronauts arrive.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    No-one knows what it’s like.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Strange fact - 80% of the closest stars to Earth are not visible to the naked eye. The one's we see unaided are either very close or extremely massive. A few of them if placed where our sun lies would engulf our solar system out beyond Jupiter.

• Like Like x 2
  16. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    THANKS TOMLIN!!!!!

Where are the top fifteen chapels?
    Earhart's plane? Where's the Ark? Yeah i know STD west of Tennessee.

17. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    Where’s the Ark? Do you think maybe it was disassembled and repurposed for housing and such? Not like Noah could just run down to the hardware store or lumber yard for more.

That’s what I think about that anyway.

I’ll se if I can find an article I did read recently about scientists believe they have found Amelia Earhart’s plane. Again.

There are many articles out currently shedding light on the capabilities of AI now vs recent past. Crazy scary stuff.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not sure if there was only one Ark anyways. Every culture across the world has the same flood story.

19. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I would imagine the same results. Who needs a boat on a mountain top? Could use a house and some firewood though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good one and I'm stealing this from you and gonna have fun with it.

21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    My ship was in the B.T. a few times and we had terrible electrical trouble. Our navigation went out for a short time. No one knows for sure but some of us think the "snipes" did it to F with the crew????

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    You mean there was more then one Ark that had room for every species on the Earth and had the proper food and containers to keep them all apart?? Great refrigeration systems on those boats. I heard the Panda's were bitchy because they didn't have bamboo.

I'm sorry but that is one of the most unbelievable stories I ever heard. There is also numerous stories of a guy born Dec. 25th, of a virgin, etc. and those stories were before the time of Christ. People on my side have shown there are 3 similar stories like the Christian story years before theirs.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not making speculation....I'm just stating facts. Every know culture in the world has the flood stories, and someone being warned before hand.

24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Off tropic: Seems our favorite team has two running type QB's. Although one is to old for that stuff. Should be interesting.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    One runs to throw...the other just runs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1