1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Scheme

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by weegie87, Jan 5, 2012.

1. weegie87

weegie87 Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Just throwing this out there...First of all gotta get by Denver...If so...Both Harbaugh and Bellichick will devise a plan offensively, esp if the Steelers are still depleted in the secondary...What about a scheme defensively that resembles a 4-2-5...Hear me out..Woodley and Harrison on the outdside, while rotating Hamton, Keisel,Hood,Heyward,McClendon inside...Timmons in the Middle, geared towards coverage with TE's..And Taylor,Gay, Polamalu, and hopefully Lewis will be back...Obviously Clark rotating as well...The theory here is this...I am just worried that both The Pats and Ravens will dink and dunk the Steelers to death....It is the playoffs ...Not saying every series, obviously, but just some looks to create at the least bit some pressure...With the 5 DB's, someone can certainly hide behind the bigs, AND RUSH THE PASSER!!!! The defense needs to put PRESSURE ON THE QB's!!!...Keep in mind...Just a thought from an idiot fan....The kitchen sink is an option...It's The Playoffs!!

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    well I would guess we won't but who knows

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I like that idea. I do hope we mix things up?Belicheat won't lose the same way as he did in October against us.He adjusts and comes up with something new all the time.First things first...We must beat Denver.I'm not looking past the Donkies at all. We can worry about the others next week,If their's a next week? GO STEELERS!!

4. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm more concerned about an effective offensive scheme than what we do on D.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What was wrong with the scheme we used against NE this year? That was
    the best game played by the Steelers this year!

6. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    u ever heard the old saying dance with who brought u? why would we change get a whole NEW scheme when one we are in the playoffs not ENOUGH time to learn it and two the way we are we are a NUMBER ONE D

7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Agreed but we never tried it again. We went back to "BA ball" after that game.

:FBAI!:

8. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree that Belicheat will adjust his approach for next week, so we cannot necessarily rely on what happened the last time we beat them. However - having said that - this defense is even better than it was when the Steelers last played the Pasties. They have quietly only given up ONE touchdown in the last 6 games. ONE. I realize that Tom Lady and Company are probably good for more than one touchdown, but they will certainly be facing a defense that is more dominant than it was when they played them last. Offensively, no matter how the strategy changes or doesn't - the long-sustained-time-consuming drive is the key to beating the Pasties. Keeping Lady off the field and on the bench keeps the score down.

9. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Does anyone remember who we had covering the TEs in the first NE game?
    I recall seeing both Mundy and Curtis Brown on the field a fair amount.

I think our secondary will be ok next week. Assuming Lewis doesn't have a real issue with that hamstring...we will have Clark and C. Allen back. Really only missing Curtis Brown from that first one. But hopefully both Harrison and Wood are in and able to put more pressure on Tom Tom than the first time.

Wait...we have a game in a few hours. Lets go get that one please!!!!