1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Schefter ..Le'Veon Bell to miss first half of season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I was with you until you said “pay the man,he is well worth what he is asking”.Example: You really like a house but to afford it you have stop paying the electric bill, cable,heating bill,water bill etc,etc,etc!Bell is one player on team of 53 and as good as he is how do you address weaknesses?Mr Bell” there is no I in team”!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The game is not about individual performance. It’s about winning a championship. That’s it. I bet Dan Marino would trade all of his records for 1 Super Bowl ring.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You mean like doing drugs and making an ass of themselves on social media?

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
  4. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Doing drugs? Oh right forgot how the NFL demonizes weed and glamorizes prescription drugs.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately, Bell is also dumb enough to forget.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Bell has his own mind, unlike most in the world today that just go with the flo and take that poison crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Tom Brady was overlooked 198 times. What did these people know that New England did not? What they learned was they didn't know talent and a person with a burning desire to succeed.

8. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    BAM. That's going to leave a mark on Glenn's grill. :applaud::dancing:

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If he sits out the first half of the season the Steelers should sit him down the second half!

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    He does not win if they let him sit out 3-4-5 games or until he decides to return. When he does either rescind the tag or let him sign and then, if allowed, trade him to a team with a lousy O-line.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm not going to get into what should or shouldn't be legal. The fact is he broke the rules (and technically the law) and he has to deal with the consequences of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They tried twice and that would have upped his personal worth as well as the RB market. He's dumber than I thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    I see so may QBs in this league that are grossly overpaid without even proving their worth, but a running back like Bell that has shown every year that he is the best in the game can’t strike a deal.

Steelers ain’t going very far without this man and with a aging QB.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Someone needs to stand up to these demons and make the sacrifices in order for change. Weed makes most players relax after a beating on Sunday’s but the shady NFL want them to take addictive poisons.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The dodo birds are flocking together.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree. It is hypocrisy of the highest order for marijuana to be illegal while certain opiate-based prescription meds are OK. But... rules are rules and until the NFL says smoking weed is OK for NFL players, players must abide by the rules. Players will have plenty of time to smoke weed after their careers are over. If a former player loves weed that much, he can move where recreational pot is legal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    100% accurate! they can't... They're old men now that's a gimme. Better statement to make is Bell hasn't came close to doing what those men already did for their position, their cities, their fan base and their legacies. Hell atleast Franco earned the right to feel spurned by the team. Bell's future ain't written yet but I bet in the end both Franco and Bettis will have forgotten more about their place in football history then Bell will ever have to rap about.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Change is never made by just sitting idle. History proves this.

19. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Too bad his own mind falls off the rails when it gets close to powering up the O'l common sense chamber.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Well... if you haven't noticed, change has been happening. Medical marijuana was recently legalized in some red states. It's just a matter of time before recreational weed is legal nationwide. It's a huge waste of government resources to criminalize marijuana possession and use.

21. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    And how many times does this happen? How many QBs drafted that late ever go on to have productive careers, much less HoF careers? I get what you're saying, but Brady is the exception, not the rule. NE didn't draft Brady to be a starter, he was a shot in the dark hoping to have a backup to Bledsoe. This is especially true when it comes to QB. Antonio was overlooked 194 times before the Steelers took him. Again, exception, not the rule.

I'd love to see some numbers on how many players went on to be HOF players that were drafted after the 3rd round as opposed to the first 3.

22. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    They ain't been getting any different results with the man either. Pretty easy to figure out. Team needs eclipse his self worth. We all see over paid QBs and other positions every flipping year and yes it's mind numbing but that's the game... However Bell is on a team that has a history of winning the dance, not signing big names to sell tix. Hell he ain't even packing the house with his supposed once in a generation talent! He's dividing the house with his personal BS and we all know the stage ain't the place for that according to an old prince movie hahahahahah

• Like Like x 1
  23. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Really? You said BAM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    History has also proven that there's been a lot of unneeded change that made for a lot of unneeded ****ty history. Just depends on how you view the scales being balanced. Marijuana and it's supposed scary stigma won't be an issue much longer as well as the rest of it.

But rules is the rules... Problem is nobody likes the rules these days cause they're unfair based off of whatever personal belief blah blah blah... Gotta play by the rules if you want to get paid or be a whiny ***** and wait to see if you're important enough to get a bunch of other whiny bitches to huddle up with ya to see if you can sue somebody over you not playing by the rules I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Many make it. The left side of our o- line are UDFAs. Last year 3/5 of our o- line were UDFAs. One of our better DBs is an udfa. Our two main backup o-linemen are UDFAs. Eli Rogers was an udfa. Harrison. Dirty red, chickillo, Adams, Williams are all later round guys. These type of guys are all over NFL rosters. :cool:

25. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Ain’t that the truth! My ignore list is gonna grow by 2.

• Like Like x 1