1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Scheduling

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chris C, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Chris C

Chris C Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Hey all,

I posted this question in the into section but didnt get an answer so thought id reach out on a different forum.

I have to book my holidays relatively early because of work and I have a question about the schedule. Once the schedule gets announced at the end of April do the games ever get moved?
    I know games can be pushed back for TV so a 1pm becomes a late game but does a game ever have the days moved?im wanting to come out to watch a game at the end of november/ beginning of december and I'll need to book my trip early may time so ill be doing it based off the schedule that comes out.
    Over here in the UK games get moved all the time so a saturday 3pm kick off can get moved to monday for TV and that would ruin my plans as ill only have saturday and sunday in PIT.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The flex rules are that only Sunday games can be moved (like you say), but Thursday, Saturday and Monday games can't. This would imply that they can't switch days, although they don't explicitly say it.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

I would imagine there are logistics for shifting travel arrangements etc. are far harder to adjust for teams playing across the States than for teams here in the UK.

But the season ticket holders here will know more than me...

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sunday time yes, but I’ve never seen them change days unless because if weather, etc.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hate flex scheduling it sucks. Totally screws ticket holders (with planning), and tries to make it better for TV viewers.
    Never have and never will be a fan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Nothing is better for me than a Sunday game at 1:00p local. That includes tv viewing. The only people flex scheduling helps are hotels because it makes you plan on spending the night or risk a flight being in the middle of when the game was flexed to.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The only one I can recall was here in San Diego during the wildfires about 11 years ago. IIRC, they moved a Sunday home game to a Monday night game in Phoenix, Extraordinary circumstances......

7. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    dolphins first game 2017? was rescheduled to bye week due to a hurricane

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers should get many 1pm and 4pm games in '19, which is a good thing, IMO. Prime time games suck for the working man living in the eastern time zone.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I like them in the primetime slots because they play better there for some reason.