1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Schedule out today -- Predict the first and last game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DDinAZsteel1, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Baltimore twice in 3 weeks? Wtf? Last year we had Cincy twice in 3 weeks, with one as a bye. Is this happening all over the league? I think playing the same team twice with only two teams in between is pushing it, but this is just too close.

Funny, but right now I would suspect the Ratbirds are saying "Pittsburgh twice in 3 weeks? Wtf?

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im thinking the second game iz going to be ugly. There is no venting time betwrrn games so everything that pist a player off will still be with him in the second game and it will still be fresh.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I like it though its not a tough game normally and its a rival

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    The ravens play us then they go to the chargers then to pittsburgh

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Gosh that's an early bye. I really, really want to get tickets to the game against the Skins.

6. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I remember feeling sorry for the Clowns last year, when their last five games were against us, and Balt, with Arizona breaking it up in between.
    Don`t feel sorry for them now, looks like that`s the way it`s gonna be.
    And, I LIKE ending the year with mostly divisional games.
    I do NOT like playing Balt, 2 outta three weeks in a row, tho!
    I`m sure they feel the same...
    It is what It is...
    Strap it up, lets get it on, and show them the difference between boys, and MEN!!!
    At least they gave us the Clowns to beat up in Heinz field the last game of the year.
    (Yeah, that week 4 bye week is still waaaaayyy too early, tho...)

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll go along with that. I looked at the schedule and came up with 14-2. Wow. That normally makes me nervous when it looks like a cake walk schedule. Either I'm being too optimistic, or... I'll throw in a bad loss or 2 and go with 12-4, 13-3.

8. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm thinking worst 11-5 and very best 13-3.

I feel like every season has 3 waves and a 4th for the post season. This year I hate the bye week and the 3rd part is loooook-in tough.

We split with the ravens and bengals so that's - 2

We have owned the chargers for a few years and it's at the end of a long season. We always have a real stinker or two and I don't see that changing. 2 more.

A loss to the Giants is possible, but not as scary as some think it might be. But, who the hell knows, 1 there is a real possibility.

I still think we make the post season. There are so many changes this year I can't get a bead on it if it's gonna be great or have some growing pains.

I can't wait for some real noise!!!

9. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    As I've said many times before: it's not who you play, it's when you play 'em. Predictions are a futile (but fun) exercise, because nobody can predict injuries. How healthy the Steelers are (as well as their opponents) will go a long way in determining how the season will turn out. That said, something tells me that Flacco's going to miss an extended amount of time this season--not that I'd wish that on anyone, but I sense he's due.

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    According to the NFL Network, this is a scheduling rule. Apparently All of the games in week 17 MUST be divisional games.

11. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    One thing I think the talking heads overlook is the Steelers tremendous ability to re-load on the fly. They don't see the development of players. So, naturally, the Steelers take people by surprise. That's why I think they're going to have a good season with this schedule. As I said previously, the first 7 games are certainly winable. There's no one on that part of the schedule that scares me. I know there may be a let down in there somewhere and one of those teams may end up surprising, but on the surface, it's not scary. Starting with the Giants it gets interesting, but 5 divisional games (4 wins) in that stretch makes it bearable to me.

12. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    With Haley as the new OC I think we will score much more points this year especially if we retain Wallace and The running back situation pans out. We should have blown teams off the field last year but the play calling was suspect at times and we struggled in the red zone. 12-4 win the North -Ravens lost a lot of their starters to. And the Bengal ? === well their the Bengals!

13. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    its fun to look at the schedule and make some predictions, but we have no idea how good or bad any of these teams will be once the season starts.

as long as Ben can stay healthy and the defense can stay out of trouble they should be a contender again.

they have a lot of tough teams on that schedule based on what they did last season, but that doesnt mean anything 4 months from now.

14. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Didn't you hear? Wallace is signing with the LA Dodgers to play baseball. There's a thread and link on here about it.

15. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011

they arent going 8-0 at home and they definetly arent going 2-6 on the road.
    their schedule looks tough based on what those teams did last year, but that means very little going into this season.

16. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011

not sure what happened ther with all the color, but i see a 12-4 record

17. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    My thoughts on the schedule:

1) Early bye week doesn't concern me. 2005 week 4 bye, 2008 week 6 bye and 2010 week 5 bye...made Supberbowl all 3 years.
    2) Going to be weird this year with only 6 games at 1:00 PM
    3) I live in NJ and with so many late/primetime games, I might be able to get rid of my Directv Sunday Ticket for this year!
    4) 5 of the last 7 games are divisional games! Could make or break the season.

Blitz

18. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that`s my other complaint.
    I am one of those who is definitely NOT a fan of late games!!! :thumbsdown:
    On the bright side, I will probably spend a lot less money at the bar this year, with all the televised games.
    I just hate waiting around all day, then being up later, and feeling worse when I drag my butt into work the morning after... :dizzy: