1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Scathing yet Perfect criticism of Arians

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Apr 2, 2012.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    http://www.coltsauthority.com/2012-arch ... rians.html

This was posted on a Colts' site from a Steelers' blogger, soon after Arians was hired. This is by far the best, most thoroughly analyzed assessment of Arians' inadequacies I have ever read. This guy does his homework.

2. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That was so spot on it was painful to read. The Colts had better draft Luck. They are going to need it

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did you check out the comments from fans after the blog? Romanticized notion of what "Steeler Football" is? Really? I thought the author did a good job articulating his concerns and used actual facts to support his conclusions not half remembered unorganized thoughts on games too far removed from the present to be clear. My guess is when it all shakes out the truth will be that BA is just average, not great, not horrible just average.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A very true and accurate read, I have been saying for years, he does not
    call the type of game Steeler fans want to see. Thank you Art II for finally
    getting rid of him.

5. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Praise The Lord, Bruce Arians is gone with his inapt offensive scheme. This guy did his homework. He must have kept all of Arians satistics over the years. It was great. It was the most impressive analysis of Arians that I have ever heard. The Colts don't have much to look forward to. I fully expect Arians to be gone from the Colts in two years or less.

6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    A list like that can be compiled about every coach and player in the league. It says something that Arians was hired by a peer that had to defense his offense.

Arians is gone and people still feel the need to hang onto trashing him. I don't understand the obsession and infatuation that people have with Arians? Arians is gone, move on people.

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    BA stands for Below Average right? Oh! You mean Bruce Arians?! Ah What's the difference?

8. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    True that it is an accurate assessment but it is so blatantly clear about the ineptitude of Bruce Arians that my 4 year old could have translated the same article.
    The Colts and Andrew Luck will be severly handcuffed by BA's scheme and situational playcalling for the first 2 years so much that they will not even sniff the playoffs. Currently they do not have the offensive personnel nor the Defense to be succesful.
    On the same note there will be growing pains between Todd Haley and Big Ben but the Steelers can overcome this with their roster. Ben just has to buy into the fact that he no longer calls the shots.

9. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    All the wannabe experts.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I have a feeling that this thread will be relocated by the end of the day. I know that BA is gone(thankfully!) but I think that he infected our collective psyche as fans so much that we will always despise him. It's like the movie Jaws which is over 40 years old but how often can you get in the ocean and NOT hear that theme song? I think for the rest of our lives we will wake up in the middle of the night screaming "Bubble Screen??? NOOOOO!!!!" Or maybe it's just me. Oh well he's Indy's problem now.

11. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Arians was hired by Indy for one reason and one reason only and that is because of his good relationships w/young quarterbacks. He was there when Peyton started, he was here as Ben was growing up (though Ben still needs to grow up more), and now he is going to be there when Andrew Luck comes into the NFL. I am under no impression that Arians was hired for his superior offensive playcalling.

I thought the article was pretty damn good and spot on....it even gives homage to Bruce that the guy knows how to move the ball - but it also does a great job of indicating where his weaknesses severely stifled the team as well.

12. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Nice read. It's like the guy read my mind. I was at that Cleveland game with 40+ mph winds and -15 degree temps. I don't really remember another time being at a game and having my beer freeze! It was horrible conditions and Arians play calling (as usual) was horrible as well. Regardless of what happens with Haley i'm glad BA is gone.

13. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I understand your position fits your opinion of what you feel that BA was as a coach. If your belief were truly the case, he could had easily been hired as a QB coach. I believe there was more to his hiring then what you believe. That's because the coach that hired him had to face the Steelers offense twice a year. He had a different perspective as an adversary. I believe he saw more then a guy that had good relationships with QB's once he reviewed the game film of the Steelers offense.

14. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    That was a very well written criticism of Arian`s weaknesses.
    I am over him, and glad he`s gone, but as a previous poster noted,
    He damaged our collective psyche, in a way, that will leave us permanently scarred, and unable to completely forget him.
    Much like that guy who threw two picks to the Cowgirls, to cost us our first ever Superbowl loss. ;(

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree with the article nearly 100%.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    EXACTAMUNDO BLEED STEEL!!! BA is this generations Neil O'donnell. Ironically though growing up I used to defend Neil O'donnell and finally came to the realization that he screewed us over pretty bad. But I have NEVER defended BA and NEVER will!

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I hear ya, Blount...
    He showed me that I was right, about us, just needing a "Decent" qb, who could "manage the game", with all the talent around him, until, he forgot everything that made him great for us, and threw the ball to the other team, TWICE to the SAME DEFENDER, in the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!...
    I will not say his name!!!
    Arians, on the other hand, just called horrible plays, didn`t use the talent that was here correctly, and ran Krieder out of town...
    But, yeah, he didn`t actually go on the field and make the mistakes himself...
    He just set our team up to FAIL... GRRRRRR....

18. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I am sorry if the post felt like picking at a scab. I was just amazed at the examples the blogger came up with. The breadth of these examples is noteworthy--and, it seems, accurate. I want to read more of his stuff.

19. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Are we still beating this dead horse????

:broncossuck:

20. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    What i love is the respones by colt fans at the bottom of the article. Basically blaming the shortcomings on offense on Ben. Despite the great examples the blogger made they are quick to point to Ben. While Ben may not be Peyton Manning or Drew Brees it doesnt excuse Arians horrible situational playcalling. But its easier to blame a QB who is not looked upon as a good guy and as an alleged sex offender than it is to slam your new offensive coordinator.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I would like to point out quickly to the colts fans that want to talk smack about Ben that he actually has something in common with Peyton Manning. They both have Super Bowl winning TD passes. It just so happens that Ben's pass went to his team and Peyton's pass went to the other. They can talk all the smack they want about Ben but based on Ben's playoff record which is AWESOME I would take him as my playoff qb ANYDAY over Peyton which has a HORRIBLE playoff record. I think BA made Ben look like a gunslinger but I think Todd Haley is gonna make him look more like a student of the game. I just don't see him putting up with all the sandlot stuff. But I could be wrong. Mike Tomlin actually said in an article that I saw a few weeks ago that he DOESN'T hope Ben changes his style. So it will be interesting to watch how it all develops.

22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Damn I'm going to miss that bubble screen...like someone missing a boil on their butt! However, the biggest issue I had with Arians was the fact that he never seemed to learn from one game to the next. For example, I thought he called a good game against New England this year but when it came to the next game he seemed to forget all that he had accomplished the game before. I could never figure out why he would veer away from success when he had it.

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I love how some of the posters swear that GB doesn't use a fullback that often....Jon Kuhn anyone?

24. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes we are still beating that Bruce Arians Dead Horse to death. As has been stated., he damaged our collective psyche so bad, (Steeler Nation), that has left us permanently scarred forever, that we will never be able to forget his inaptness.
    I have always said that he change the total philosophy of the Steelers way from our toughness pound it out type attitude to a soft passing attack type attitude. It didn’t work last year with all our supposedly great WR core.
    I will never forgive him for running all the fullbacks out of town aka Dan Krieder and John Kuhn and using TE’s as lead blockers. He will never be forgiven for the way he destroyed the Steelers repartition as a tough hard nose football team on offense.
    As I stated earlier, Praise The Lord that he is gone and someone else’s problem. Again, I don’t see him being successful in Indianapolis. I foresee him being let go by year two. After that, his nfl coaching career will be over.