1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Scary week..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by numbah58, Oct 20, 2011.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This has the makings of a trap game to me. We have the Patriots, Ravens and Bengals coming up back to back to back and have to travel across Time Zones to play a team that sits at 1-4. The Cards have some offensive weapons in Beanie Wells and Larry Fitzgerald. Darnell Dockett destroyed us in the SB also. I feel that this game is huge to keep whatever momentum we have going into the "beef" of the schedule.

With a veteran team and a quality coaching staff this shouldn't be an issue. Nonetheless, I'm extremely worried about this Sunday.

Thoughts?

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the cards are worst than seattle , if we play a b game we win by ten

3. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm thinking this game is about as good as any to gauge where we truly are. We're almost halfway into the season and hopefully Mendenhall got his wakeup call and will continue to run with authority. To me that's going to be key to our success on offense. If we can get RM to start producing 100+ yard games we'll be ok.

Steelers: 20
    Cards: 13

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Agreed. We can only beat ourselves here. Just don't do anything stupid, and it's a win.

5. BFreeZ28

BFreeZ28 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It can happen!!! Sacks, fumbles, interceptions, not stopping the 3rd and longs.............. all too familiar!!!!

6. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Any team can beat anyone on any given Sunday. But hopefully Tomlin keeps the guys only looking at this week and not looking into the future at the pats, ravens, and bengals. On that note, we do have some history in losing to teams that "we are supposed to beat." The Cardinals know us pretty well, plus they have a few ex-steelers on their roster as well as the coaching staff. My hopes is that our defense keeps Fitzgerald in check and doesn't give up any big plays, and that our O comes out explosive and just blows them out. But my expectations are the game will probably be close again and we will come out on top, winning by 10-13 points.

7. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't believe in trap games.

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    58 right.. Patsies and Rats up next...Easy game to look past. Keep them focused Tomlin!!!!! :butcher:

9. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lots to be worried about this weekend.

Best thing though is that Warner is gone. Corn-cobb is just a shadow of a QB. Butttttt, as they say, anyone can beat anyone in any given week. The Steelers do have the knack for bringing out the best in the crummy teams.

Seeing that half the Cardinals are ex-steelers, it would not surprise me if the Steelers drop a duce out there.

Lest we forget Joey is on the other side. Yea, he is old and is not the same Joey when he played for us, but leave it to him to recall his days of glory and play the game of year for him.

The Cardinals also have a bit of and axe to grind too seeing that they were just 48 seconds or so from winning a SB against the Steelers. I can also see the point that the Steelers are looking ahead to the Patriots.

rutan

10. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think playing these guys in the Super Bowl and again during the next pre-season really benefited us. There should be no more desire to "beat our old coach" since we've done it twice now. Should be able to focus on the gameplan and not get caught up in the hooplah. Looking for a solid, efficient game from Ben - 300+ yds, 3 TD's. Mendy will do well, and I think we'll walk away with a comfortable 14+ point victory, maybe 35-21.

11. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ha yeah I don't believe in electricty :D But yeah as others have said no mistakes and we should be alright. Don't look ahead to NE just yet

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Even if his contribution is to get one of our o-line thrown out of the game for brawling, it will be significant.

(Man, I miss Joey sometimes.)

13. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if his contribution is to get one of our o-line thrown out of the game for brawling, it will be significant.

(Man, I miss Joey sometimes.)[/quote]

Who ride!?!
    :swordsman:

14. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    [youtube:uvyjy8xh]gpOG9K02F_g[/youtube:uvyjy8xh]

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers haven't given me a whole lot of reason to be confident going in against anybody. They can't take any team lightly and better be focused week in and week out. Would be nice to see a solid game from start to finish this Sunday :clapping:

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I have to say, based purely on probabilities, that this game is more important than next week keeping in mind this is definitely a winnable game - and next week, not so much - considering we've only beaten the Pats twice in recent memory - in 2004 when we went 15-1 (still an amazing feat that goes forgotten because we got hammered by the Pats in the AFCC game) and then the year that Cassell was in at QB. Otherwise the Pats own us and who didn't circle the Pats game as a more than likely L on the schedule at the beginning. Of course beating the Pats is more important than anything in the world (other than the Ratbirds of course) but being realistic, I'd say make sure we win this week, play decent against the Pats and escape without injuries and then smear the Ratbirds and Bungles. We'll still be a game behind Balt after these 3 games assuming Balt wins 2 of 3 as well. Then we should run the table. Oh yeah - that little game in the CITY by the Bay in Dec will be a biggie. Maybe SF will have their division wrapped up by then and will pull an Indy cruise mode in December. Perhaps Cincy can do us a favor during our Bye week and punk the Ravens. Then the Ravens play the Niners, unfortunately both of those Balt games are at home, but the Niners do well on the road (see Detroit). All will be well - even if Marcia performs as usual. Be happy.