1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

says it all

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jan 18, 2022.

1. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    There’s a lot of big arms and athleticism in Canton.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah I know . I'm just F**king with You. Great Movie.
    Though Francis is one of My names. LoL.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelerNole

Nov 24, 2019
    Can’t wait to see posts like age while we wade through a sea of mediocre QB’s for the next decade. Check the QB roster between Bradshaw and Ben.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Quite frankly he really wasn't the same after that knee injury. He already couldn't move as well, but after that it was like he was an actual statue! Also, he really lost his ability to put the ball where the receiver could run under it. Every deep ball was a contested catch and he didn't step into his throws as well. It was plain to see and defenses exploited the hell out of it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Say Tomlin leaves and the new coach makes it to the Super Bowl in his first year, will y'all be saying "But he won with Tomlin's players?"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    don’t need to check, I lived it. We may get lucky and draft our next franchise qb in April. We may not. We might go 0-17 for the next 5 seasons. Or maybe we go to the sb for the next 5 years. No matter what happens the sun will still come up tomorrow and I will still watch every game.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SteelerNole

Nov 24, 2019
    Me too. It was worse than I remembered. Looked it up. We went through 12 QB’s between Bradshaw and Ben with arguably, Kordell or O’Donnell bring the best of those. Pretty sad.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Titles are often used to draw attention. Would you have opened the link if the title said, The standard is no longer the standard? Yes, you would have. And you would have complained that it was another bash Tomlin thread. If you ask me, Zeise must read this board, because everything he writes has been discussed on this board numerous times.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  10. Greg95Lloyd

Greg95Lloyd Member

Jan 18, 2022
    Been saying this for 10 years...Tomlin was handed a historically great defense, a future HOF quaterback, a HOF DC, and mostly inherited an entire coaching staff... wins a Super Bowl and gets credit for being a great coach??? He has never had a below 500 record crap..he's also never not had BB. This team is about as close to their next Super Bowl as the Lions and that might be a stretch! Tomlin is not capable of turning this around only running deeper into the ground! It's gonna be a long long ride...the sorry TRUTH!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out......... tires a defense out. Sustaining drives for even a couple of first downs a drive, even if you then punt does in fact help a defense. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Since the Dallas game of last season, the Steelers have scored 20 points or less 14 times. Something clearly happened to Ben in that game and he has not been good since. He has had some moments but overall, his play has been below the line.

Why does having another bad QB mean they should dominate? That will only improve with a good QB, how long that takes to find is anyones guess.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Agreed. Even more amazing when you compare the talent of the 80's teams with what Tomlin has had.

14. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    In 2014 Ben threw for 5,000 yards and the Steelers scored 20 or fewer 5x reg season and 1 and done in the playoffs. The Steelers have been working harder not smarter for years now. I think that was Ben's beat year as a passer.

Clearly Ben's last year as an elite QB was 2018. I don't disagree he was bad this year.

15. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

My memories of the years between Bradshaw and Ben is what made me cherish having a hall of fame worthy qb. Went from never feeling fully confident on comebacks when we were way behind or on 3rd and longs to always feeling like we had a chance. We were rewarded with 3 superbowl appearances and wins and a slew of 4th quarter comeback heartattack wins with Ben. I will always feel like it should have been more if not for the coaching. Hoping the wait isn't long but I have no problem admitting I don't have any confidence in MT and I haven't for a long time. I'm trying to be more optimistic lately but dang it's not easy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Being optimistic against all available evidence is unnatural. It's how our ancestors got eaten by bears and snakes. Science.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Idk what Steeler exec said this, but when asked the difference between cut day in the 70s and 80s stated, in the 70s we had a hard time deciding who to cut. In the 80s we had a hard time stopping.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    You're not wrong. The failed drive before the end of the first was brutal. The defense had just held the Chiefs to net 7 points in the first half. To be down 14 at the half and then not adjust to the Chiefs short passing game by dropping OLB into zone coverage... rough...

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How about just posting a sensible title?

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    What's sad is that even then they had one of the smallest staffs and refused to have a QB coach to work with Kordell or their other prospects! I still believe that had they wanted to Kordell could have been worked with a lot more and maybe he gets them to another SB or 2! That 97 team that lost to Denver...they lost by 3 and had 4 turnovers 2 in the endzone! That was his rookie season!

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We already know, we just have a pool going to see how long he can go without posting PFF content.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sorry it put you out so much glemm. what did you have to do, move a mouse and click a button then had to move the mouse and click again, then read. wow i can see your point. it took you longer , i'm sure to write your bit*h page then click and read that. if indeed you did read it. excuse me for not putting in a table of content in the title for you. :cool:

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    1997 was NOT Kordell Stewart's rookie season. It was 1995 when Stewart was drafted in the 2nd round and played WR/QB in the "Slash" role. '97 was the first season he started at QB.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is your caps button broke on your computer?

25. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    If that coach is here for 15 years and the team gets worse the longer he is here and the more the players are changed out then the answer is yes.