1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Savor the Moment

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel4Blood, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I give it 2 years at most, and the Clowns will be on top in this division.
    Ben will be retired, Andy Dalton is regressing, and Flacco is Flacco.
    I liked Kizer before the draft and i wanted the Steelers to move up in the 2nd to grab this kid only to watch the Browns get him and i believe they finally got this one right. His poise and maturity looks beyond his years.
    That game would of been a different outcome if he wouldn't have made that rookie mistake throw to Watt.
    Give him experience and he is going to haunt us. Combine that with Corey Coleman, Jabril Peppers, and Myles Garrett plus the bevy of draft picks and they have a real nice Core to develop.
    As long as they dont overreact this year and let go of the coaches of course.
    It pains me to say it but savor this year and maybe next if Ben stays cause the Clowns will be getting their payback i believe in 2 years.
    I hope Dobbs is the answer but i doubt it. If he isnt then the Steelers need to figure out a way to get their future QB this Draft. Only time will tell.
    What do you guys think?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    After one game i'm not going to crown Kizer the second coming, after they have had 27 QBs I dont expect Kizer to be much better then rest of them, I remember hearing this when they drafted tim couch, Brady Quinn, Johnny Manziel, all first round picks and crowned the second coming, when teams get tape on Kizer they will RG3 him, so dont get all excited over Kizer after one game where we didnt have any nfl game tape on him..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It's kind of hard to stink forever. The Steelers were terrible from 1933 to 1972 and won I think like one playoff game in that time of almost 40 years.
    Franchise QB's are hard to come by, Hall of Fame QB's are even harder. So, the Browns are going to get better eventually.

Watched the Steelers blow a lot of great chances to add to the Super Bowl case in 94,95,97, 2001. Great teams just lacked the QB that you could win the big one with.

Sometimes your lucky like the Packers and go from Favre to Rodgers.

Or you struggle like the Dolphins, Bills, Browns, and a lot of teams really have trying to find a franchise guy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kizer looked better than I expected but he still did some very Kizer like things. Long road ahead of him before it can be said that he has arrived in the NFL.

He'll have to play a solid NFL rookie season and then just like Dak, have to prove it in year 2 when DC's are zeroing on him.

When you have 2 successful campaigns, then it can be said a QB has arrived.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't let our play against the browns determine how great they will be. The ravens and other teams won't be so easy on them

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Weak deep ball from Keizer in that game. He looked fine tho for a rookie. You never know with these guys. They can look good early then turn into nothing (RG3, Kaepernick) or they can become good players. Who knows. One game is jumping ship a little early.

Law of averages says they have to get better sometime. Then it's up to their management to keep the team together that they get better with. Not only that but they need to continue to add to the team too. Until their management proves it, it's hard to trust that even if they do get better that they are going to be a sustained threat

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Not concerned at all with the clowns getting better. Browns always show up and implode. It's one game and if we are judging teams based on one game that means the Steelers wont sniff playoffs. That kind of poor play does nto win champinonships

8. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Hope your right.. But when you continue to accumulate top picks eventually your going to hit on one.
    I watched alot of Kizer in college and i really liked him. Very mature and poised.
    I for one never liked Brady Quinn or Manziel. i was glad they drafted those guys because they just didnt seem like a starting nfl QB to fear.
    I just feel different about Kizer. He has that intangible quality that you cant describe. He is a Football Player.
    Like i said hopefully your right and im wrong but we will see in 2 years i guess.

9. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    He looked pretty good for a rookie making his first career start. That said, he won't survive the season playing like that and behind that oline.. He took some HARD shots. He could very well end up being a young QB who showed promise, but had his career ruined by the Browns, yet again. One game does not define a career.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Worried about the Browns :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I think the OP needs one of those new helmets like Ben got. Yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    And, Myles Garrett hasn't even played a real game yet, considering all the clowns busts, don't expect anything great from him just yet...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey, they have enough draft picks so they better get good eventually.... that is the way the NFL is set up.

Kaiser held on to the ball too long... that is where most of all the sacks came from for the Steelers.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd like this rivalry to be competitive again but because both teams have gotten good not because the Steeler shat the bed. It would be more interesting to watch the games then.

15. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I agree with most. Kizer will look good at moments this year. Maybe even for stretches. But give NFL def coordinators a full season of tape and they'll find chinks. The NFL is littered with year 2 duds that got exposed.

New rules help the QBs though. It's not the same game for QBs as it was 10 years ago.

16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Amazing that Joe Gibbs won Super Bowls with Joe Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien. I guess that shows just how good he was.

17. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Rediculous asumptions put the pipe down no way the Browns running this Division.