1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Saved some money on Tyrann.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I wanted him on the Steeler D.
    But seeing him against the Eagles, guess he wouldn’t have saved the season here.
    He was close on that 80+ TD, but close don’t count.
    2 INTs for the season.

Still need some upgrades back there.
    Guess the ex Penn State coach hasn’t made much difference?

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who

• Like Like x 1
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Im guessing Tyrann Mathieu.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    I was just looking for some good out of this year.
    Saved a bunch of money$!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Among the people whom receive a pass within the defense, Bradley is second to Karl Dunbar. Realistically speaking, it is incredible what he has accomplished given the fact that he is working with a journeyman corner and a former Pro Bowl corner who is going to be on the wrong side of 30 next season.

While Sean Davis has had his eye brow raising moments, the fact that we do not let teams go all out bombs away akin to last season speaks volumes on how far he has come; his first season as a Free Safety no less. Keep in mind Pittsburgh gave up 14 pass plays of over 40 yards or more. This season? 7. That is down 50% from a season ago. Terrell has gotten progressively better as the season went on; his best game being against Los Angeles a testament of his development on where he was earlier in the season to where he is now.

Ultimately speaking, Tom Bradley has done very well given his circumstances. To me, that constitutes as a successful inaugural season in the NFL. Give him a cornebrack who can actually perform his role well; his own choice no less. After that, then judgement can be passed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah but having Burns regress is a ding on Bradley, that's a #1 draft pick he should be able to coach up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't want Tyrann, he had 2 serious knee injuries in Arizona. Fans always want their team to go out and sign big name free agents, Tyrann is a cautionary tale.

9. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Could Bradley take over for Butler?

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nope, it would probably be best to go outside the organization. I don't think anyone on staff is good enough for the job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    That could also be a ding on Colbert. Jury's still out for me.

I don't know if he could or not. What I do know about Bradley is that he took over as interim Penn State head coach during the whole Sandusky scandal and he did a heck of a job during the most difficult of times. I was hoping that he would have been named full HC at PSU, but the university felt it needed to clean house of everyone who had ever even talked to Paterno so that didn't happen. I was very happy the Steelers hired him.

• Like Like x 2
  12. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He made a bad play. It happens. Even deion sanders got beat. He was balling this season. Int aren't the totality of his impact on the game. He is far better than any player we have in our secondary.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We have FOUR interceptions as a unit!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Burns was not doing too well to conclude 2017 either. For that matter, for much of that season sans the first four weeks, he was suspect. Not Bradley's doing.

I will say though if there is one small quibble I have with Bradley, it would have to be Brian Allen... or lack thereof of him. Did Brian regress? Are the options better? What has changed.

15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My opinion is very strong on this. Whoever takes over for Butler better be a Tomlin guy because IMO the reason our D stinks is because Tomlin comes from a different style than LeBeau and Butler. This is where the problem lies I feel, lets get a guy who can run Tomlin's style and see what happens cause it is pretty obvious Tomlin can work with Butler.

If Tomlin is gonna stay which I am sure he is then Butler has to go and probably most of the other guys there too. I am one of the few that don't blame Butler, I am not giving him a free pass either but I don't think he has control of the D I think Tomlin has a big hand in it......

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think this is a situation where actual stability has led to a negative effect on the overall quality of the defense. This point is driven home by bringing in an outside consultant for the Patriots game and a hole in the defensive plan that everyone knows is addressed in a positive manner. So if Butler does go I would hope that Jerry O and Porter are let go as well because their longevity is contributing to an inability to address certain problems, like fundamental play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Failure.png