1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday's Bowl Games

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Dec 28, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    A bunch of big time games with lost of big time prospects. I will miss the first game PSU vs Mephis and am hoping to be back by half time of the LSU vs OKLA game. Here is some guys from each game feel free to post what you all saw:

Camping World Bowl
    Notre Dame vs. Iowa State

https://thegamehaus.com/nfl/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2019-camping-world-bowl/2019/12/20/

Top guy imo to watch Khalid Kareem, Edge ND

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic
    Penn State vs. Memphis

https://thegamehaus.com/nfl/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2019-goodyear-cotton-bowl/2019/12/25/

Top guy to watch Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge PSU

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl
    No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 3 Clemson

https://thegamehaus.com/nfl/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2019-playstation-fiesta-bowl-2/2019/12/25/

So many here however guys like Young and Simmons we don't have a shot at unless we pull another draft day miracle. So guys like OT Tremayne Anchrum, OG/C John Simpson, OG/C Sean Pollard, OG/C Gage Cervenka Basically Clemson oline and RB J.K. Dobbins, TE Luke Farrell & CB Damon Arnette OSU are guys I am interested in watching.

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
    No. 1 LSU vs. No. 4 Oklahoma

https://thegamehaus.com/nfl/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2019-chick-fil-a-peach-bowl/2019/12/21/

Just like the other playoff game I am leaving off the top picks so gere are a few I am interested in. Kenneth Murray, LB QB Jalen Hurts, RB Kennedy Brooks OKLA. LSU.....well just about everyone, oline, dline, edge, safety and rb...........to much to list click the link.

Have fun all and feel free to post what you see or what you have seen through the year with these guys or have an opinion on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Yetur Gross Matos is likely a Top 20 pick at this point should all things hold up. Dude is a stud with the potential to match. Unreal.

Pittsburgh drafting a Linebacker though is not likely to happen. Ulysees Gilbert III and Vince Williams are set to return and I doubt Mark Barron stays. I still would love it if Terrell Edmunds transitions into that Inside Linebacking role as he has played the position before.

Realistically, Interior Offensive Lineman is tops of the list. Trey Smith from Tennessee is someone worth checking out. If he clears the medicals with the Steelers, he would be one of my first choices.

Creed Humphrey is still my dream pick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    My bad on Matos not sure what I was thinking I tried to keep guys out of these post that I felt we didn't have a chance.

As for LB I strongly disagree with you. Maybe ILB we are fine at and agree with Barron thing however we need an OLB. Who do we have in the wings waiting Ola? Here is my thinking we either tag Bud which allows us to draft a guy and get him ready for 2021. The other thing is we sign a guy, my early crush right now who I feel can be a under the radar guy is Vic Beasley. Even if we do sign a guy no matter who it is we are still back to square one with our back up being Ola. Chick and his 6.097 cap hit needs to go bye bye since we can free up 5m in space by sending him packing. Seriouly 6.097m for him wtf......bye bye and draft a guy who has a chance and can add something, jmo.

Now as far as our needs I feel oline, TE, OLB and QB are our biggest needs right now. However just because they are big needs we aren't looking at other positions. Say a stud RB, OLB or S falls I am all for drafting one of them but it will all depend on what the board looks like. I am not one who says I want a certain position no matter what. As far as Humphrey I would have no problem with him as our pick in the 2nd round, I even like the kid from Temple Hennessy as well but later on.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Keep in mind I did say with Mark Barron leaving I doubt Pittsburgh addresses the linebacker position; Inside namely as that is the position Mark plays. I never said it was unlikely that Pittsburgh picks up an EDGE this offseason. Regarding Vic Beasley though, doubt they are interested in him. He will be 28 next season and will likely garner a high price in Free Agency anyway given the market.

As I have said in another thread, Ben restructuring his contract is our best hope to sign Dupree long term. Hargrave is likely the odd man out though.

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I consider OLB and Edge in our defense the same thing so I say we daft a LB for sure. I agree not an ILB as I said and also said I agree with Barron being gone and UG3 stepping up. As far as Beasley goes I feel like his is under the radar for some reason. I can't find where people are high on him and he isn't on the top 50 FA list I am looking at. Also you have guys like Clowney, Fowler, Barrett, Bud and Judon all ranked ahead of him on the top 50 that are gonna get some big money. I am just thinking with what I am reading maybe Vic falls in price enough for us to spend on him. As for Bud long term I don't want that, I want to tag him and draft a guy to be ready in 2021 if we don't sign a cheaper guy in FA. I feel Hargrave is sign able no problem at all and no way am I spending a lot on him when he will be less than a 50% snap count player when Tuitt comes back. jmo

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    With Tuitts injury history, they'd be wise to pay Hargrave. He's insurance against Heyward going down, too.

Also, by proving he can fill in for Tuitt, they should rotate these guys more and keep them fresh. There's no way I let Hargrave walk out of the Steelers facility without a new contract. IMO, he hasn't reached his full potential yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I do agree with what you and others are saying about Digger but it isn't like we have a ton of space. We already have 29 mil tied up in our DE's. We have to make a decision on Bud which I am reading is top priority and keep in mind next year we need to sign Watt which is a MUST! Nelson and Haden are both making double digits and VW is making a lot and can't cut him without taking a 6 mil cap hit.

Yes there is ways to free up money Foster, Chick, Barron etc but they will need replacing and Bud will eat up money. I love Digger and want him back but if he is gonna demand big money I am not interested. We drafted Digger we can draft another or find one in FA a lot cheaper. Robinson, Reed, Shelton, Day, Ridgeway are guys who could be cheaper. And while it would be nice to have Digger as insurance for Tuitt we are paying Alualu 3.6 mil so we can't pay everyone as insurance right?

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Well thats just it, he doesn't have to be just insurance. I just think they'd be letting a really good player on the rise to leave.

I'm not saying they should pay him whatever he wants but if they can bring him back on a fair contract, I'd be all for it.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You are right he doesn't have to be insurance but it is proven that our coaches won't use him more than 50% of the time when Tuitt is healthy. Therefore that would make him insurance and an expensive one right? I want Digger back but you can't pay everyone, on top of our DE's making 29 mil we also have Alualu at 3.6 mil. How much do you think we can afford to give to Digger? I think if we want to get Digger signed at 4-5 mil we need to let Alualu go, jmo. Last year we were 11th in spending on the Dline at 31.5 mil and that was with Digger on his rookie contract.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    But that was before they knew he could fill that roll without a drop off. If they sign him and he goes back to playing only 400 snaps as opposed to nearly 700 this season then they are dopes.

I really don't get into the financials, we're not in the FO head so we don't know who they are planning on getting rid of to free up cap space. I go back to a quote that Colbert once said, if you want a player bad enough, there's always a way to do it.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You can say you don't get into financials but if you are gonna talk about signing guys you have to. Otherwise you might have a bunch of guys comment here....sign him sign everybody.......:facepalm:

I am not in the coaches head so I have no idea how they plan on using Digger.......:shrug: all I can go by is how they have used him in the past. And with a healthy Tuitt(which feels like never) they don't use him more than half the time. You talk about the coaches not knowing what they had, well did they not watch him the last couple years? I am not willing to spend 4-5-6 mil on Digger for him to be a 1-2 down player, We have to many other needs IMO!