1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Santonio Homes 2.0

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Oct 24, 2011.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Is it just me, or does Antonio Brown have Santonio Holmes like qualities. He's got great hands as evidenced by the one-handed grab yesterday, above-average athleticism and elusiveness, good speed and even gives the first down signal much like Holmes used to as a Steeler. I guess we can consider him the poor man's Santonio Holmes without all the baggage?

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yeah, lets hope he doesn't have the baggage...

3. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I 100% agree with you, and I also think that Sanders looked yesterday like a young Hines Ward.

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I hadn't really thought about it, but now that you mention it, I can see it.

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Brown proves each game that he wants the ball, and he knows how to make an impact on the game.
    Wallace, Sanders and Brown could be the best trio of WR's in the league a couple of years from now.

Hope we don't have to drop one of them to FA.
    Wallace's contract expires after this season (he'll be a FA). For sure, we'll try to get him back. I'm a little bit afraid that with all his big plays and media attention, he'll probably get some offers from desperate teams for a WR.

One of them, Brown or Sanders, will get an extension for sure. The other one could probably walk away, like Nate Washington. Hope I'm wrong with this.

6. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Brown will always be compared to Holmes because we took him with the pick we got in the Holmes trade! but IMO Brown is going to be a better WR then Holmes!i think his skill set is better! and im a hugh Ohio State fan! watch his workout see what i mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H92ZQ15sB90 also am i the only one or is glad Plax didnt sign with us? if he did it would have kept Brown or Sanders off the field whitch would have been a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes I agree with you 100%. While watching the Arizona game I was thinking the same thing. I love your quote about Brown being the poor man's Santonio Holmes without all the baggage, and the first down signal being the same. I love it. Lets hope he continues to improve and take it to the next level. Dear to be great!!!

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Poor man's "Tone?"

Antonio Brown has more acceleration, he's faster, younger, and has a better work ethic and attitude.

I'd say Santonio Holmes is a poor man's Antonio Brown. Or they'll be calling him that soon enough. :cool:

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope we keep them all. Both are literally ten times better than Nate Washington could dream of being.
    I guess next year's draft may give us some indication about this.

I also hope we find something to do with Cotchery. He looked good for one game in preseason, and I know injuries have held him back but... think he has more to offer.

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I like Cotchery too, but he did have a bad drop on Sunday. He may be nudged out by all of the young guys though.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if we did lose Wallace, it wouldn't be the end of the world. You don't necessarily need a deep threat to have a great passing attack. Look at NE, they don't go deep anymore and they don't even have much of a deep threat. Branch is their best deep receiver, and he's nothing special. IMO, Brown is far more important to our offence than Wallace is. We would need to change our offence a lot if we lost Wallace as he opens up the underneath stuff, and we would need to work another TE into our passing game more often, but losing him doesn't make me nervous. Now losing Brown sure would. He's going to be our #1 receiver in the near future.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That Saunders kid looks like he's beeing set up to play a bigger role in the receiving game at TE. Ok, the main time I notice him is when he drops passes... but then, so did Spaeth.