1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sanders out again with some kind of foot injury.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Dec 8, 2011.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hope he's healthy for the playoffs because he seems to be bitten by the injury bug so far this year.

2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Boo! Don't get me wrong I love Manny's potential but he just always seems to be hurt.I think it's time to push Cotchery ahead of him for the rest of the season.Ben needs to get comfortable with one or the other but I'm afraid that Manny's inconsistency of being able to get on the field week in and week out is disrupting some of the chemistry that needs to be established,especially come playoff time. Cotcherys experience could be the difference in 1 or 2 games down the stretch. Thoughts?

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's certainly worth consideration depending on the severity of this injury.

5. Steelballz

Steelballz Active Member

Oct 17, 2011

Don't forget we also have a WR by the name of Hines Ward! He's no substitute for Manny's speed, but he still knows how to get open, and Ben always knows right where he will be.

6. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Well said. Because of the Steelers depth at the WR position, I think this is an area where they can just put the next guy in line in the game without losing much. Unless it were Wallace or Brown who was injured. That being said I'm sure we would all prefer Sanders to be healthy and in the lineup.

7. CalifBlack&Gold

CalifBlack&Gold Member

Dec 6, 2011
    One good thing about this is that maybe Tomlin will now go back to Antonio Brown running back kickoffs. No idea why he took him out of that role in first place. Sanders acted like he wanted no part of that job.

8. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I tell ya, we have a slew of good WRs plus Heath and Saunders. Pick your target Ben....

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Sanders had surgery on both his feet this past off-season. Now a knee surgery and a foot flairup. He's a speed guy and his wheels are important. He's out tonight. Hope he heals quickly!!

Cajun-