1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Same Spot Next Year With Antonio Brown & Emmanuel Sanders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Feb 21, 2012.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Re: Same Spot Next Year With Antonio Brown & Emmanuel Sander

I think it is all going to hinge on what happens with Wallace this year. Brown/Sanders are by products of Wallace stretching the field. They gather the underneath stuff that Hines used to get. If we were to somehow loose Wallace, neither Brown nor Sanders are capable of filling in as a #1 WR, in my opinion. They are both #2 guys that need some over the top help. I don't see either grabbing a huge contract or interest next year.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

yep these guys aint going anywhere

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

Brown looks like he has nice hands and a Wes Welker type vibe about him. Sander, if he can stay healthy, has some really good route running skills.

They could both be looking at some nice deals.

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Sanders hasn't played enough to be sold on him, lets see if he can stay healthy, if not then it won't be much of a lost. Brown is the one we want. Build the core around him if Wallace walks

6. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011

Make no mistake! Antonio Brown is quickly becoming our most complete receiver. He needs to be locked up to an extension before he blows up even bigger this year. He is the kind of class act that remains a Steeler for basically his career. Emmanuel Sanders is a very nice number 2/3 receiver when he stays healthy. He has definitely been injury prone so far but let's hope for his first healthy year this season. I really hope they do not lose Wallace! The guy is awesome! I believe something was going on toward the end of the year. He just was not playing with the same confidence the last quarter of the season. I love this group together and they still have so much upside, we really need to keep them together. What is the point of developing young players if you are only going to let them walk when they become good or great players? The Steelers have always been amazing judges at when to let go of guys but that is not even a factor with Wallace. I will throw up if he gets stolen by one our rivals!

7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

Brown's the best and our future!

Our main worry is going to be tendering Wallace and seeing if NE bites w/ one of those #1s they harvested. I don't think Belicheat will, he's too stingy but it's a definite possibility.

My concern is another upstart willing to put up their #1 and grab him under the CBA.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Hope Sanders does stay healthy. But I am totally sold on the guy. He's only played about one full season of football between injuries this year and being stuck behind ARE last year. But he looks like a stud every time he's out there to me. I want us to get a fullback, but if we don't (and even if we do) then I hope we do lots of running out of a 3 WR set. Sanders is the best blocking receiver on the team after Ward. He blocks like he really cares. Wallace is a guy I've had to defend around here, but he blocks like he doesn't want to get his jersey wrinkled. Brown is sort of somewhere in between.

9. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Doesn't the salary cap have a big bump next year (or maybe it's the year after) due to the new gazillion dollar TV contract? I was hoping that would make keeping our key players a bit easier. Maybe we won't need be pinching pennies next year at this time like we are now. Anybody know if and when the big cap changes take effect?

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

what happened to we are set at WR and we don't worry about what might happen a year or two away? :shrug: :cool:

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I was a little concerned after listening to Jason LaCanfora last night about Wallace. I was confident he was staying but now Im not so sure... :?

12. BigBen7

BigBen7 Active Member

Oct 22, 2011

http://twitter.com/#!/gerrydulac