1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Same Old Stroy - Article about Pats vs Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Oct 30, 2011.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Check out this article about the Patriots vs the Steelers, Same Old Story:

http://www.1059thex.com/pages/supergeni ... le=9321077

If this article is true, and it does make sense, then the Steelers are in trouble.

I am especially disturbed about the following three statements:

The Patriots are a bad matchup for the Steelers, and Brady is a bad matchup for everybody. But flawed game-planning on the Steelers’ part and Bill Belichick’s superior coaching widens the advantage for New England.

The Steelers can, however, stop Roethlisberger. And will. Their own play-calling will see to that.

But if the Steelers go out there with their usual fuddy-duddy game plan, they will lose, probably badly. It’s the equivalent of surrender. The “Steelers way” works on most given Sundays, but not against the Patriots.

This really doesn't speak well for Tomlin, Bruce Arians or Dick Lebeau.

The bottom line is, the Steelers need to win this game to shut up all their critics. It's time to put an end to the Pats dominance over us.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I can't tell if that was written by a huge Patriots fan, or a very cynical/grouchy Steelers fan. Either way, it's written by someone who hasn't watched a lot of recent football IMO. It's more descriptive of a Steeler offense that wasn't finding it's rhythm or didn't quite have the stud receiver core we've got for this week's matchup. I do agree that there are matchup problems.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    [youtube:32vzbipo]hJdWPSwSOLw[/youtube:32vzbipo]

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers need to win to keep pace with the Ravens who will almost certainly win their game today. I couldn't care less what this pinhead who wrote the article thinks or anyone else. And I wouldn't count on NE stopping Ben and the offense so much, Patriots D sucks, they are winning games with offense.