1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad way to lose a game!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by colsteveaustin, Nov 7, 2011.

1. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Rats drive 92 yds. to win the game.Sad,very Sad.William Gay has got to go.You let Torrey Smith beat you deep for the game winning TD.Hell,The whole game Flacco lit his sorry arse up.Too lose this way is a tough pill to swallow.Now,Next weeks game is huge.I'm so disappointed right now.Every team we play is going to pick on that sorry arse William Gay.Yes,Others in our secondary got beat,But William Gay all night long cost us this game.I don't know what the organization sees in this bum.This loss will haunt us all season.Unless the Rats Implode,We will be going to their house in the playoffs.(That's if we make it)I love the Steelers,No matter what,I'm just frustrated at the front office for keeping this man around.What a joke!! I hope we can bounce back from this.It's going to take some sound football the rest of the way.Gotta get this behind us some how. GO STEELERS! :flag:

2. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry about the triple post

I don't know what I did? Frustrated and mad as hell. :evil:

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Re: Sorry about the triple post

No worries, a loss like that will have you seeing double...or triple. :sick:

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It was a tough loss for sure. Can't believe those ratbirds beat us twice this year. Hopefully, they have a better executed game plan next week or we'll really be singing the blues. :praying:

5. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
  6. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    While I agree with you, the saddest part to me, is...
    If we didn`t get a delay of game penalty to take us out of fg range...
    Or convert a third down, that would have killed more clock, and made the fg closer...
    Who knows... Maybe we win the game?
    Seriously, how did we get a delay of game penalty, when the entire team should have been focused on making that kick to win the game?!?!
    This was a wierd game, all night long...
    They looked like we usually do on third downs, also.. ;( ...
    Did we make them punt more than once?!?!?
    Yeah, we got ONE big turnover to end a drive, but they killed us on t.o.p., and third down conversions!

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I understand your frustrations cause I'm too disappointed and mad as heck!!! Boe offense moves the ball up and down the field.th Willie Gay and Ike got beat like a drum all game long. I stated how could we beat Brady but lose to Flacco? Guess what? The reason we beat Brady is becase Brady spent most of his time lon the sidelines watching or offense move the ball up and down the field. Troy Polumala always said that the Steelers best defense is when the defense is on the sidelines watching the offense move the ball up and down the field.

Tonights game was a disaster, and I am totally P. O.ed!!!!!

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed totally. I think they converted 14 out of 21 third downs longer they 7 yards +. That delay of game penalty was the beginning of the end for us. Instead of us getring one more 1st down or kicking a field goal that would have put us up by 7, they get a delay of game penalty. How dumb. I blame that on the coaches. I'm sick of the season already. No telling how bad they get beat by the Bungles next week. And to tell you the truth, I don't see us beating Kansas City or San Francisco, or Cincinnatti at Cincinatti. Thats at least three more loses.

9. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yes, it was another gut-wrenching loss for the men of steel. I've noted more and more that we have difficulty game-planning when we have a lead. When we're forced to do something on offense, we can usually come through, but when we're not forced to, chaos often results. To be fair, though, the Steelers have been at least trying to play a full 60 minutes and I note them at least trying to get first downs when the game is on the line instead of going into shell run mode. That being said, if we're not going to manage the game as though our guys are capable of doing their jobs, we doom ourselves time and again. Tomlin admits to not wanting to kick the field goal at the end because he was concerned about the distance (47 yards on a calm night). Given Suisham's performance so far this year on field goals of that length, maybe that's understandable to a fan, but what message does it send? Worrying about giving them the short field is a pee-poor excuse for making a stupid decision. You have a chance to win the game (or make it no worse than a tie), take that chance or cut your kicker loose for somebody you won't have that little confidence in. Does anybody remember last year's debacle in Baltimore? Steelers have it deep in their own territory needing a first down to close out the game....but fearing something might go wrong, they run 3 times taking the clock down to 2 minutes before punting from their own end zone. Uh... something DID go wrong. You had no faith in your players and it cost you the game ala TJ Houshmandzadeh.... We have a solid team, and I'm sure we'll be competing for playoff positioning when all is said and done, but when a game comes down to under 2 minutes and has anything to do with clock management or end-game strategy or truly playing to win, there's a gap we have vs. other teams that has been an issue for several years. Fortunately we have some playmakers that can often make the difference and overcome that gap, but it doesn't make it any easier to stomach when you lose a game that you shouldn't have lost.

While we're on the subject, how is it when we rush 3 men they can have a wide-open 15 yard out pattern? Why EVER rush 3 men if that's the case? This last drive reminded me of a recent loss to the Raiders where they just kept making plays - especially 3rd and longs and it looked like our defense had no clue what they should be doing even though for 58+ minutes, they seemed to have a pretty good clue.

Oh well. We're looking at fighting for a wildcard now -- so be it. Maybe that underdog status is what we need as motivation....I'm sure we'll all be there clutching our guts again next week vs. Cincinnati. Until then....

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I was glad we got a delay. No way 6 makes a 49 yarder

11. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    On a brighter note every team did that last year too and it didn't work out too bad. Sorry. As hard as it is today I'm trying to stay positive :drinks: