1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

S,C's Jadeveon Clowney Huge Hit (ouch!)

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    [video=youtube;nipUMmd4Pk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nipUMmd4Pk0[/video]

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't think the hit was THAT huge. Just well timed and completely unexpected by the RB that quick.

I was more impressed by how fast he achieved penetration.

3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    best defensive play i've seen all year..... at any level!!!!!

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ray, the guy's helmet flew like 10 yards. Yes, you are right that the RB was not prepared for it. But that WAS a big hit. The guy is a beast and he made a big time play when SC really needed it after getting totally hosed on the bogus first down call by the ref who must have been paid off. That was such a bad screwing they got on that call that the next play by Clowny was such a momentum changer when they could have snowballed downhill. It was a big time hit by a big time player at a critical moment in the game.

5. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't mean to downplay the play at all. It's probably the defensive play of the year on any level. I suppose what I meant to say is the hit didn't look that violent to me. Yes, his helmet flew. Yeah, he had his bell run and his arms went limp. I just thought it was a perfectly timed, perfectly executed, and completely unexpected hit. I've seen harder hits... and most of those weren't as effective, if you get what I'm trying to say.

Either way, outstanding play.

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's what she said.

7. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The guy is a sophomore! He is going to be a top draft pick next year and he will be NFL ready (he is now).

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Really impressive. He had a nice open hole to run through, which helped, but still very impressive nonetheless.

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Hehe... walked into that one.