1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Switzer Thinks Ben is a Good Leader

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He also threw a bad ball in the end zone and was intercepted by Broncos defender. He told AB he ran a bad route. Too me it was a bad throw. That is the kind of stuff that causes dissension and bad feelings. AB is at fault for sure but Ben it not totally blameless either.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This. Ben’s ongoing “I may retire” talk made it prudent for the team to invest in QB when they saw a guy available who they had graded higher. It’s not like they went all-in on QB and took one in the 1st round. It was a good decision if they had a high grade on Rudolph (I recall reading that they had a 1st round grade on him).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You can tell he hasn't been here too long. Ben is just as egotistical as AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I seriously don’t think we will miss AB. We need to use Switzer and Macdonald the way the Patsies use Eddlewoman & Stank ...er Gronk.

Short high probability slants and tight end mismatches.

This year more than ever, play calling is key.

Damn when does football start!!

5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah Vance needs to be utilized more to stiff arm opponents to the core of the earth.

Switzer was a great pickup also. This team has a lot of weapons and good players on offense. Antonio couldn't handle that as all he could see is how it messes with his ability to negotiate $$$.

Take out the trash. We have good players here.

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Good point. I did not recall that. So I guess they thought AB would be more of a team player. They invested a lot in that thought, but it came up short unfortunately.

And now it looks like the Steelers will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for arguably the best wide receiver to ever play the game. << on paper anyways.

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone:bscow:

7. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Nobody else that Ben mentioned on his show has had any issues with him or what he said. Only one that did was mr thin skin (and some former players that didn’t get along).

We have no idea how many times (if any) that maybe Ben tried to talk to AB in private. I’ve read a few stories from Steelers beat writers that AB is not a good router runner. He may work hard but that doesn’t mean you run good routes. I don’t know how true this is. I do know that AB is the type that can’t handle criticism now (maybe he could before).

Sometimes your left with only a hard way to deal with someone to get thru to them.