1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Shazier and the defense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by themarp, Jan 10, 2016.

1. themarp

themarp Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Steelers defense dominated the bungholes offense for most of the game. They flied to the ball like they never have before. They shut down the run. They got turnovers. They blasted the running backs hurting them both. They were tackling machines.
    Ryan Shazier showed how beastly he is. He had 13 tackles, two for a loss, two pass deflections, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery. The two pass deflections were awesome to see because he's so damn fast. I think he is the game-changing defensive playmaker we haven't had since Troy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He needs to do it on a more consistent basis though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CoachD77

CoachD77 Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I was impressed with the defense for the most part. Open field tackling is still a concern, and I agree, being a Buckeye fan, I love Shazier but he needs to tackle more consistently and with proper technique.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That was the version of Shazier I expect out there. All over the field...making plays...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CoachD77

CoachD77 Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I think the front 7 has been playing damn good! We will need that to get pressure on Manning .

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Consistency is the problem with Shazier, you have to bring it, week in week out.

Jack Lambert did. There is no lack of talent in Shazier, the man has what it takes.

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The D played lights out very happy to see them step up. This D has shown it can carry a team and I know there are a lot of us on here who didn't think they could......and one of them is me!! There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball glad to see it is starting to come out. With all our injuries the defense is going to need to carry us in order to beat the Donkey's........

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It was against a rookie but man our D line was manhandling their o line bad

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The D played solid for 3 quarters. But then came the 4th where they gave up 16 points and almost lost the game. Shazier made the play of the year with that strip. Without were all dissecting the season, more fire Tomlin threads blah blah blah. Shazier played lights out but we need to see more of this going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1