1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ryan clark not playing sunday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mike1971, Jan 3, 2012.

1. mike1971

mike1971 Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp15160

hey want say hello everyone iam life long steelers fan and plan on being one for rest of my life but wanted share this yahoo article about ryan clark not playing sunday vs denver mike tomlin one who made decison look like ryan mundy taking clark place in denver

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Hi Mike,
    Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing that. I'm sure we'll be fine in Denver without Clark on the field, and it will be a good chance for him to get his feet wet helping out the coaching staff on the sideline.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Mundy didn't get off to a great start a few seasons back, but he's been solid as a back up in the last year or two. I've noticed he's translated some of that aggressiveness he had early on, that resulted in some irritating penalties, into a good sense of awareness.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    glad to have ya here mike.....there is one less visitor to the OLD board

5. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  6. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Welcome to this board....

As great as Ryan Clark has been playing, I agree with Tomlin's decision. If something seriously happened to Clark, that would be a hard thing to live with and I would not want that on my conscience. Plus, although we shouldn't need it, it gives our team someone/ something extra to play for. I liked the way Mundy played this year for us when he was given the chance. Plus, TeBow doesn't throw anyway, right? Although, it does worry me that Troy will have to help cover receivers with our secondary so beaten up. I like Troy being able to roam more and jump the snap count.

7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Welcome aboard! This is absolutely the right choice given how it affected Clark's health a few years ago when played in Denver.

8. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hello Mike and welcome!

OK, to begin I agree that this is the right decision. However, what I don't get is this: Tomlin said in his press conference that he would NOT be the one making the decision. So, after Clark gets medical clearance (I assume), Tomlin comes out and says sorry, I am not going to allow you to play. I don't have a problem with the decision, but why couldn't he just be up front about it yesterday?

9. merlin111

merlin111 Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Regardless of what some of you might think of Tomlin, I have to give him mad props for this decision. He was quoted as saying " i wouldnt let my son play in this game, therefore your not playing in it either". Putting his players and their well being before a "game". Class act. Period!!

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The right and only decision to make.

11. mike1971

mike1971 Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    thanks everyone for the welcome i wanted post the link so everyone would know so dont have keep asking or wondering if Ryan Clark playing or not and i hope if we lose game wont be somebody saying we would of or could of might won if Ryan Clark was playing the game. i agree right decison we wouldnt want him get hurt real bad too and worry if he put one of his big hit on denver player he wouldnt hurt him self so bad and actually be reason he had problems with his health

want also say iam one person who see certain plays during game and seeing who ben pass ball too i would say the other wr would of caught the ball for example if ben pass ball to brown or ward etc i would say to myself wallace would of caught ball if been thrown to him. even so i know i dont know for sure if wallace or any other wr would of caught the ball keep in mind iam saying if miller,ward or brown drop ball or too high then wallace or somebody else would caught it

i do same thing on defense another guy would had intercepted the ball when had chance at the ball bottom line is if we think that then we need admit we dont know if we would been right like second baltimore game farrior had chance at interception he tip ball too high andcouldnt get it maybe if was somebody else they would gotten the ball and i wish there was another steelers behind him who would had it and i think troy would of dove for ball after ray rice tip ball if he been closer these 2 plays iam givving an example