1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Clark & James Harrison Pile On Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Feb 6, 2012.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Add Hokey to that list....

Hahahaha love it.

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Everyone knows they cheated. Kudos to Harrison and Clark for laughing/talking about it on Twitter.
    HA-HA!!

4. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Love it! It's the off season so nothing wrong with our guys spouting off on Twitter. Don't think it's wise during the season though.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm caught somewhere in the middle as to whether I like these tweets or not. On one hand, they cheated so yeah, call them out on it. On the other hand, it was a long time ago now and really isn't relevant anymore. It almost comes across as whining. It's the same as people on here who bring up spygate anytime the Pats are mentioned. It's not like it was last year, and at some point you gotta move on.

I don't know what I think about it.

7. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I disagree. It wasnt that long ago, and the main offenders are still the nucleus of the team (bellicheat and Brady). As long as they are around it is relevant, and considering the slap on the wrist they got for widespread systematic cheating in a multi-billion dollar a year game they deserve every last drop of criticism until Brady hangs up his cleats and Bellicheat hangs up his grubby, cutoff hobo-hoodie. I say let em' have it boys!

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    With the way the season ended, I think the players should not be drawing attention to the team in a negative light and work on getting better. The comments were harmless otherwise but I would love an off-season without any drama for a change.

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hilarious! It's the truth...

10. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Couldn't of said it better myself.

11. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    James Harrison SB tweet

James Harrison knows why the New England Patriots lost Super Bowl XLVI.

In the minutes after the New York Giants sealed a 21-17 victory on Sunday night, James Harrison took to Twitter to offer his insight into the game. ...the Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker referenced the infamous Spygate incident in which Patriots coaches were accused to illegal taping other teams.

Harrison tweeted: "Told you, cheaters never win!!!!!!!!!"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 48905.html

12. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    How the HELL does Belicheat win coach of the mother f*%#ING same year he is CAUGHT cheating in?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

That still blows my mind. And by the way, some of you may remember that they were accused of some kind of scalawag behavior in the same respect by GreenBay late in the season the year before. It, for some reason, was brushed under the rug. WHY?

It took a for position coach of his team to probably make it idiot proof to goodell before it could stick.

And they haven't won since with the key members! Maybe they need an UNFAIR competitive advantage to be as great as they were....

STILL VALID CRITICISM.

AND they are completely ignoring this element of the conversation on ESPN this following day by the way. SHOCKING!

13. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    ...it sure looks that way.

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They've been to the SB twice since the spygate situation. That's twice more than most teams in the league. I hate the Patriots as much as you guys, but lets be realistic here, they've been a great team every year since the spygate thing. No, they haven't won the SB since, but it's not like it's a given to win it all. Only one team can win and they've been close twice. To me, they're a great team. If we were all fans of any other team but the Steelers, we'd love to have the results of the Patriots. I'd take a loss in the SB any day if I was a Bengals fan, or Browns fan, or Cowboys fan.

15. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Jim Rome ain't ignoring it. He's talking about the asterisk on those and how people who are in the NFL are saying you have to question the Patriots "dynasty" now. He is ALL OVER IT! LOL! He has said "Eli owns Brady. He owns him!" at least twice in the last hour! :lolol:

16. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    What you say is true. But this is still a crazy coincidence. They are a great team, but maybe this is karma?

17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know... Steeler players were probably never allowed to reveal their true opinions, but in those Steeler playoff losses to the Patriots... how much did they feel something fishy was going on in those games? If their was real cheating going on Steelers players would probably get a sense of it.

The only thing is Clark and Harrison prolly weren't playing in those spygate games that are in question... so yeah they are just being jerks. But I wonder how guys like the Bus, Faneca, Porter, Aaron Smith, and James Farrior really feel about it. Hines said something felt fishy in some of those games?

How would you feel as a player if the opportunity to have more Superbowl rings were taken from you like that?

18. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    You are slightly misrepresenting me. I said as great "AS" they were. they are great, but they haven't won and they used to win. In fact they don't even feel in the regular season as the gimme win in every game anymore. They have lost to Miami, Buffalo, the Jets, us and a bunch of other before spygate. Not so much anymore. but they are very friggin good.

:D But, "CHEATERS NEVER WIN!!!" :cry: (once they're caught) - "just sayin" :shrug:
    :yeehaw: :towel: :herewego:

19. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I share your outlook 100% :thumbs_up:

20. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    :amen: :applaud: :bowdown: :good: :clapping:

21. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  22. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Anyone remember how many times before video gate Billicheck used to run all way down field at last second to call a timeout before other team snapped it in critical situations? It seemed like every game. Now not so much.Now actually I never see that happen. Lot harder to spy on signals without the tape.... plus the headsets in defensive huddles...thats just one thing about subject I noticed.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Spy gate was so hush hush when it was discovered and then the fines
    and penalties were so easy for the act committed. There should have been
    a larger investigation and more severe penalties brought on the Patriots.
    It is what it is. Peezy, I am sure is also loving this most recent loss by the PATS.

24. shamyhay

shamyhay Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, they are still a great team since spygate... that's lost 2 Super Bowls. Once the playing field was leveled, Bellicheat did not look muck like a defensive genius, did he?

25. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I wish Professional players, stars, celebrities, businees people and the overall general population would be more humble than to go spout off on twitter. I mean what good really comes from it anyways?
    Cheaters never win - Really? Well ok, thanks for your insight and moral guidance there but when sitting on the couch watching, it really does no good to harp on a team that is playing in front of hundreds of millions of people, It just makes you look dilusional at best. Maybe he should have tweeted Ike Taylor instead and said if you didn't have the worst game of your career we might have been able to play in the next round.
    Social media is garbage and when you spout off on it you quickly become the garbage man. I've seen so much BS on farcebook that I wonder how anyone believes its a good idea to type before they actually think.
    Whats really funny is watching the OWS lunatics spout off on social media about the ultra rich but not realizing they are feeding the machine.

Just my .02