1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Clark- 'I Know Guys On My Team Who Smoke Pot'

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Feb 6, 2014.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We should be happy when someone stands up and calls out people who are breaking the rules and the law, but yet we vilify the guy over it?
    Maybe he don't want to work around a bunch of guys breaking the law, or maybe he just is trying to be controversial to further his ESPN career?

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    He didn't condemn them at all he said he understands why they do it he just doesn't do it. He has no problem with it. He would go onto to say the NFL should just stop testing for it.

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    You feel the same about Edward Snowden?

4. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    CORRECT!
    Hey, let others read into it what they want.
    what I got out of it is RAT

I applaud anyone who sticks it to "THE MAN" but not your
    "Fellow man"

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's not even comparable.

6. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Hooooooooooooooooooow NOT?
    and
    you didn't answer the question Glenn.
    How Typical.
    Actually you did answer it.
    How predictable.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    A rat is a rat. Snitches get stitches

8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Lordy! I do declare, what could you possibly mean by that of which thou speaketh ,my good man?

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That guy committed Treason, hardly comparable to what Clark did.

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    TREASON TO STEELER NATION!

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    DEEPTHROAT
    You are sooo Soo predictable.

Well by golly he is just your modern day Benedict Arnold

Well golly jeeweez Monica should have kept her mouth shut

Holy Camoly Geraldo Rivera told our troop locations in the sand, put him in front of the firing squad.

good to know you have double standards

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Come on, you know some of the stuff you're comparing Clark's actions to are not even in the same ballpark. At this point I think you and your co-worker are just trolling me.

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Not at all I just completely 100 percent disagree with your way of thinking. There have been so many laws through the years that just don't make sense and this is one of them. America is spending billions a year on a war against a plant a war that can't be won at that.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Disagree with following the law?

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    If a law doesn't make sense sure. We aren't talking about murder, rape, or even stealing. Do you drive the exact speed limit? Do you cross all roads at the crosswalk? America was built by people breaking the law.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Traffic violations? That's your argument ? I guess certain laws don't make sense to those who want to break them.
    I've heard all this stuff before from people at work. Stuff like "what I do on my own time is my business"
    Where I work our company is part of a consortium where we are subject to random drug tests in addition to a good percentage of jobsites requiring a drug test before you can have access to said jobsite. I've seen guys get the call to come down to the office to take the test and go AWOL. It's funny cause if you refuse the test it's considered a fail. If you fail or refuse you get one chance to go to a week long rehab program at your own expense before you can come back to work. If you fail a second time you are terminated.
    I've worked at this company for 21 years and I've seen people try and beat the system, I've even seen a couple guys hire a lawyer to try and get their job back. Never works though.
    I love the fact that my employer has banned together with other companies in the same field to battle the drug problem in the work place. It's not fair to the honest people to have their lives depending on these people who are are high on their drug of choice.
    If they decide to make Marijuana legal in my state our employer has said that they will treat it like alcohol whereas if you get caught under the influence at work you're going to get fired. Currently we have to take a breathalyzer test before the start of work if you are to operate any type of motorized equipment.
    I've only brought this up as a comparison to an NFL team being much like a workplace with employes and the rules that may even go above and beyond what is allowed in public.

17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Hell, I thought all carnies got high. The best time at fairs I had was when I fired up a joint and the operator came over, asked for a hit and told us to stay on the ride as long as we liked. This happened at Kings Island and Cedar Point too!

operate motorized equipment?
    Hey Glenn , you can't operate the tilt-a whirl tonight. Go operate the ping pong and goldfish game booth and be ready to head to Emporia in the morning. Course you won't be driving the truck but you can ride with the lions.

Unless of course you are actually a bartender then I guess you can't use the blender.

"EVERYTHING ON THE ROCKS, PEOPLE!

18. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Considering in most states now weed is now decriminalized a traffic violation is just as bad. In my state anything under an Oz is a $50.00 fine. I've been on many job sites that test before you can work and those that ran our foolish or to young to know how to beat them.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'll admit I don't really know how serious the laws are when it comes to Marijuna. I guess I'm just old school and lump all drugs together in the sense that they're all bad, maybe I'm wrong in that thinking? Who knows? I personally have no interest in Marijuna whether its legal or not. JMO. Guess I just get aggravated with some of the stoners who try and beat the system at work and it gives me a real bad attitude towards Marijuna.

I have a feeling that whether or not its against the law in the future, the NFL is not going to allow it regardless.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Insults?
    You know there's a good debate going on here?

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    As everyone knows, this isn't the place for it. Feel free to continue the moral, legal, philosophical debate in PM's though.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Understood.

23. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    This is my last thing and TTF will probably lock the thread and rightly fully so. The fact that weed is in the category with cracking, method, and others boggles my mind. Also I guarantee there are guys on your job site taking xanax and pain killers but it's OK because they have a prescription. I would rather work with a bunch of potheads then guess on pills. Sorry TTF

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    It's funny but while reading these comments which while out of context are amusing I am left wondering when TTF is going to show.. You made it..

Thanks,

Bman