1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Clark.... I forgot

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CaBurghfan, Dec 22, 2011.

1. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Damn, I know it's still a few weeks off, and anything can happen, but I hadn't thought about the potential of playing in Denver as a #5 seed. Clark may not be able to play, as Tomlin held him out last time they played there. Sorry if it was already mentioned, I didn't see it anywhere.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Clark will play, I'm sure of it. He was medically cleared to play last time, but Tomlin didn't want to risk it. So instead, Clark traveled with the team to Denver and had what he described as an "intense workout" to test his body at a high altitude, and there were no issues. The doctors will clear him to play against this team so I'm sure he will play.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i thought he had to go to the hospital the last time they played in denver?

4. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    He did, to have his spleen removed. His doctors have said now that his spleen is removed what happened before won't happen again. Besides, like I said, the last time the team traveled to Denver, Clark went with him and worked out before the game and he was just fine. He'll play.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    cromartie-smith was activated for the last two weeks from the PS. i wonder if it's to get him ready as a backup for just this scenario? :cool:

6. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There have already been several posts about this subject and it has already been stated and backed up that he will play as there is no longer any danger for him because the affected organs have been removed.

7. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would prefer Ryan, but Mundy has stepped it up this year and I feel confidant that he can cover Clark's position for one game. Especially against the arm of Tim Tebow

8. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Nothing would be sweeter than Clark absolutely destroying a rushing Tebow though. something along the lines of when he blew up wittle Wesley Welker.