1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Clark fined 15K for hit on Gronkowski

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Nov 3, 2011.

1. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We need a cash register icon for this board. :shock:

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Was that the only fine from that game? Who won the prediction?

On a related note: It's not the case here so much, but it seems to me that the fines are becoming a kind of 'secondary referee' - like a really, really slow instant replay. So any uncalled fouls are getting fined (hands to the face etc.). This just doesn't seem to be right. Fine someone for bringing the sport into disrepute. But otherwise, if it can't be dealt with on the field in the moment... then just leave it!

3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    this was dealt with on the field. It was the 15yrd for the late hit out of bounds

4. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Cha Ching! In todays NFL you better bring your check book to the game with you! In a few years we will be watching the NFFL.....the National Flag Football League

Clark was penalized, nobody was hurt, get over it. I know clarks hit was late but this happens in every game, these fines are unjust. This is just so stupid any more, hands to face fines, face mask fines? This stuff happens, its part of the game, thats why there are penalties for these offenses. Leading with your head and knocking someone out, i can see a fine. But face mask? Goodell is ruining football

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I know - probably didn't make myself clear there - but my point is: it wasn't dealt with on the field if they feel the need to fine him for it. If it was that bad, then why not throw him out of the game? Or implement some kind of sin bin? Fines just seem to be adding an unnecessary layer of bureacracy to a contact sport.

If it was like he got a gun out and shot him, then that's obviously different. If it's basically breaking the rules, but not undermining the rules, then I don't see the need for the fine.

6. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He hit a guy in the head who was out of bounds. Nuff said. Automatic fine.

7. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Agree.

Does anybody know if Polamalu was fined for any of his so called dirty plays? (Tackle on Welker's neck, pushing the ball)

8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011

Why would pushing the ball be a fined?

9. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, I didn't say he deserved a fine, just asked if he got one.

The "why's" may be asked to the commish.

10. harrisonisscary

harrisonisscary Member

Nov 2, 2011
    If the hit would have been legal inbounds he shouldnt get fined for a hit out of bounds. Helmet to helmet is legal when ur running. He caught the ball ran a while then was hit. I dont think it should be an automatic fine.

11. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If someone is fined for illegal hands to the face, you can bet your ass someone is going to be find for a hit out of bounds.

Welcome to the "new" NFL.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Money well spent.He set the tone.When the pats were on the 1yd. line and in run support he came from nowhere and popped faulkfor a loss.

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Clark said he is glad the NFL is handing out fines to help protect players. Way to step up and accept responsibility for your actions.