1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Wilson is willing to play for 5 million or less, then he could be a viable option.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    He's scheduled to get 39 million this year I believe even if Denver cuts him. If he is cut from the Broncos how much of that huge salary comes with him? I'm not much on the salary issues so would appreciate some clarification. Does he get that money if he signs with another team?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yes - TOMLIN BLEW IT - which was the final nail in his coffin, as far as I was concerned. But not for Rooney, nope - "let's keep him around a while longer."

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

THAT is the point.

5. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Thanks. Appreciate the info

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Bring him in on the cheap and let him play with a chip on his shoulder. I like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    When S.T.D was right, when he was wrong. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    @S.T.D is never wrong!! We need at least 4 corners in this draft!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    It is to a point, lol. I see headlines and such saying he can be signed to a vet minimum, maybe, but it really depends on how he feels about the situation, and how a team really sees his fit. On a recent podcast he was talking about his situation. Wants to hoist more trophies, etc. This does not sound like a guy who willingly would accept a back up role, nor even really want to be brought in as a competition. If the Steelers go after him, I really do not think they see KP in their future, not the same but similar to Rodgers going to the Jets last year. They kept Zach Wilson, and you see the results. If they bring in Russ with an option year that can be renegotiated I think the directional thinking is already past KP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

i understand - Russell very cheap is MUCH BETTER than Kenny, that is the big point in all of this.

I want to win again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    How do you convince Wilson he will be given a legitimate shot at being the starter???? Not a guarantee but a legitimate shot.

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Kenny has no business starting. he was not ready. he is not ready. it is not giving up (although I am ready to move on) he can sit for a year or 2 - watch and learn.

See Jordan Love.

13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

that, you never know b/c Tomlin lies to get players here.

but Wilson would crush him given a 'fair' chance. He is light years ahead of him in talent, and game knowledge.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. We were both talking about the talk show guy Cowherd, but I messed up and misspelled it Cowher.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with you, but we must remember that Cowherd has always been a R. Wilson fan

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I've been wrong many times. I thought. M. Jones would be a good Qb....I thought Green would work at center, and I thought Burrow would have won a SB by now. Those are just off the top of My head. Although....We do need another top pick at CB this year. LoL

17. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Ha! you slipped in there!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    ok -

SO - kenny was LIGHTING it up - what , 3 - 3 tie? against one of the WORST TEAMS in the league. and at HOME. and just when we were to BREAK OUT after the Canada firing. the EZ is kryptonite for him, showed it all season long.

kennysMOM just gets her hurt feelings all day long.

Kenny is a dud. let him sit for a while......or leave.

and yes - COLE sucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I thought of you when I saw Mel Kiper's mock for the Steelers first round pick, Nate Wiggins CB from Clemson.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would love this.

21. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    You were not that wrong with Burrow....Not because Burrow did not win a super bowl by now mean that you were wrong at 100%.He was close twice and it was with a team they were bad for most of the time during 30 years

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really didn't expect him to be hurt so often...either way ....I was wrong on my prediction that He would win a SB already. Just going by recent history. Many Qbs that don't win within the 1st five years with the team that drafted them....don't win a SB with the team that drafted them. I could be wrong, but that's been the trend.

23. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    As if my opinion mattered, but under the circumstances I could see this as a happy medium, my concern long term is Wilson has a somewhat decent 'cheap' year and we go off on some longterm contract, binding us to another aging guy who gets enough dome to not be the worst, but not enough to be in the running for the best.

I think we get that going after a couple of the guys available, there are no really perfect answers, we are in that dreaded land and it is going to take either trade risk, or CAP risk to get out..with no guarantee through either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The failure rate for corners is so high you almost need to draft 4 just hoping to get one good one

On average 36 corners are drafted every year

That is more than one per team every year

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pickett is going into his third season he doesn't need to sit, they need to see what he can do with a new QB coach and OC next season.

• Like Like x 1