1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    See, I just cant believe the familiarity with just one season. He is not a very good qb, thus the reason why?

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There’s obviously something the Sean McDermott and the Bills like about him. By all accounts, Trubisky is a good teammate and I’m sure Josh Allen is comfortable with him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Just hope Allen doesn’t get hurt. Still leaves the question why is Mason struggling to find a team??

4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I posted this on another thread. Marcus Mariota and Drew Lock got jobs today but Rudolph still remains unsigned.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wish they had. Think about it. With Willis they would have had to stick to the plan and play Trubisky which was the plan for Pickett. He was supposed to sit the first year but Trubisky was playing awful. But they wouldn’t have been able to insert Willis like they did Pickett so guess who they would have turned to, your boy Rudolph.

Rudolph comes in and Willis stays on the bench where they continue to develop him. Then year two depending where he is at they either try him or stick with Rudolph or bring in a vet depending how Rudolph played and continue to develop Willis.

Either way, it was two years spent but maybe they have something in Willis after developing him. He always had much more raw talent than Pickett. But they would have gotten an extensive look at Rudolph.

In Tennessee they moved up to draft Levis so he was always going to be the one they turned to. Willis had no chance after that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    In the past we have always gone with 3 QBs. Not all teams do that. Change of FO could mean we no longer do that now as well. Not a necessity. Doesn’t mean we won’t or shouldn’t draft a QB this draft.
    What if we draft a rookie QB, then end up trading KP? Still a 2-QB roster. There are options.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is some interesting logic. You wish they had taken a worse player so they could have gotten a better look at Rudolph.

Willis never had much of a shot. That they spent that pick on Levis shows that the Titans realized very quickly that Willis isn't good. He has more physical raw talent than many quarterbacks, but potential is more than physical ability, especially for a quarterback. It is certainly fair to question if Pickett can ever be a franchise quarterback, but as a pro, he has been much better than Willis. It's not close.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Is Willis still on the Titans roster? Pickett is not the next coming of Joe Montana, obviously.... but he's better than Willis. With the Steelers, Willis would have been the next Omar Jacobs, Dennis Dixon, Josh Dobbs and Chris Oladukon. At least Dixon and Dobbs got some playing time. I don't think Willis would have ever played.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope, didn’t say that just that it would have been a byproduct of drafting him which many board members here would have preferred and let’s be honest Scribe, would have been better than Trubisky.

As far as the rest, we don’t know that about Willis and furthermore, who cares, Pickett has been a bust so far so tell me what the difference would be other than having a QB that is far more talented and a chance to have been developed.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Still with them. He was progressing in his second camp and playing well enough that people thought he should be backing up Tannenhill but he was never going to get the call over Levis. Levis has been awful, I called that, bad draft pick. It’s Willis 3rd year, they should see what he has if Levis doesn’t improve this year. What do you have to lose, they’re losing games anyway with Levis.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett was always more likely than Willis to be a quality pro quarterback. He still could be. Willis has done nothing but show that he is an athlete, but not a pro quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Levis has not been awful. He was erratic and battled some injuries once he got in the lineup, but he was a rookie. He threw eight touchdown passes and only four interceptions with a decent average yards per attempt. He needs to be more consistent and complete a higher percentage of his passes, but this idea that they can write him off as a bust after one year, but Willis deserves another shot makes no sense. Levis was always a better prospect than Willis and he has been much better as a pro. I don't just mean that by the numbers. They tried very hard to protect him, minimizing his pass attempts, but he still looked lost when he was doing anything but take off with the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Same ole same ole My friend, and You???

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Has nothing to do with what I posted. The overall right move would have been to sit Pickett no matter what but they were never going to do that with a 1st rd pick.

Willis didn’t go until the 3rd, wouldnt have been the same pressure to start him nor could they have even if they did draft him in the first. He was always going to be a project. They would have been forced to stay with Trubisky or switch to Rudolph and allowed Willis to develop.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah His whole 1 int, and 0 tds with the Bills. They took him because He was cheap, and holds no threat to J. Allen. They have been dumping cap problems all off season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Levis was bad and I didn’t say to bench him outright, I said if he continues to struggle.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe sitting Pickett that first year would have made sense, but he made progress that year. If you buy into the theory that it was the concussions that got to have his eyes on the rush instead of down the field and bail from the pocket too often, maybe that fits into your point. He was out there when he wasn't ready and that lead to having his head bounced off the turf a couple of times. Unless you focus on the concussions, I'm not sure how getting experience hurt, especially because he had some impressive moments to help win games late. That should have been something to build on.

I don't think much of the idea that they had to start Pickett because he was taken in the first round. I doubt Tomlin needs to care about such things.

20. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I did a business update in introductions forum

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Not looking too worried.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Well, he's still a good looking, 25 year old multi-millionaire, married to a smoke show. His life's not that bad.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  23. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I think that's right. Our offense was stagnant up to that point with Trubisky, that's why he was thrusted in. Would've got us into the playoffs if the jets had a half-assed competent offense.

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think the signing of Wilson could be very good for Kenny long-term. If he sits behind him for a year or two and soaks in everything he can, he could take the next step as a professional quarterback. His game has the potential to be comparable to Wilson’s in that he’s mobile, throws well on the run and is pretty good off platform. I hope Pickett can turn it around and be a QB who can guide an offense, score points and win games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

Those small hands having trouble holding on to the piece and why put your head down to take a bite as toppings fall off and miss the open receiver mouth.
    Also, why can't he finish the Sudoku puzzle.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2