1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Running The Schedule's Table

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Nov 24, 2019.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hi Everyone.

This is uncharacteristic of me; to look past the next game. However, if this team can get their collective act together, there is no team on this schedule that we cannot be competitive with. Yes, running the table is a tall order but once again looking at the remainder of the schedule I do think it is possible.

On that note, let's just start with today's game.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

FYI: Image Below: 1970's/1980's STEELWINDS "Homefield" Sports Complex.

Never forget the humble beginnings in life.

Steelwinds Sports Complex.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No, you're wrong. Honestly this team is average at best right now. Too many departures and too many injuries to overcome. You can only stick so many fingers in the dam. Sooner or later the dam is going to burst. You cant lose AB and have Connor, JJSS and BB go down to injury and expect much. Not to mention losing Pouncey for 2 games. As they are currently constructed, I wouldn't be surprised if today is their last win of the season. And I wouldn't be surprised if they lose today. Looking forward, this game and the Jets are the only two that I feel are as close to guaranteed wins as they have.

The good news is that their problems aren't systemic, but rather result from ****ty luck and their defense looks to rounding back into shape. An offseason to heal on offense and grow on defense and we're looking a team that should be in the running for the AFC for the next couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey BobbyBiz.

I get your points. I just think we have enough to hang around in each game left on the schedule. Like I stated, I do not like looking down the road beyond the present game. Maybe this is wishful thinking. However, to me there is no team left on the schedule to me that screams we are going to get blown-out by. Given all of that, most of this statement comes from a feeling that I think Mason starts to finally put it all together, part out of frustration, part based on him unlocking his "true" skill set. Take care.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Probably be tough to win today and maybe even lose. If we do that’s that

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

Well, let's just start the "table-running" today. What I am thinking/saying is that I do not think that any of these games are a "gimme" for us or the other teams.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well we are on the road 4 of last 6 games. Although I'd guess a lot of yinzers will be in the stands at Arizona. Unless the Ravens are fighting for home field advantage we may see their second string last game of the season. That being said I'd take 8-8.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Will be pretty hard. 4out of 5 should get us in the playoffs though.

8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey BobbyBiz.

Unfortunately, Mason did not "unlock" anything yesterday. Duck was OK. His stat line was not much better. By no means am I trying to save face with that comment. Both played below the line. Thank goodness for Duck's TD though. It was the game difference. I am down for giving Duck his "Turn to Burn" now as much as I dislike "Musical QBs". I went on record stating in another post that if Mason had another "Below the Line" similar performance to that in the Brown's game, to get Duck in. Must have been a fly on my wall (smile).

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They scored 1 TD against the 0-11 bengals but you all are saying they can run the table, even the jets put up 34 points yesterday and the cards average 26 points a game, we dont have any 0-11 teams left to lay down for us and the browns will win this week, the chances of this team winning more than two remaining games is about as good as it can get.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Run the table? I don't even know who our QB is next week and we are at the Rats final game. I'll have whatever you're having. Hope you are right but, damn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    We had the Rats beat, any given Sunday.

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, and Indy had us beat as well. I get it. So, I guess first up is the Stains which I'll be elated if we can get by them to start this run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I doubt if Fuchtner can run a good offense in a 7 on 7 walk-through drill let alone running the table:smiley1: Or did we pick up a guy named "the Table", I'm sure we could run him up the middle for 2 yards on third and 6.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    if we can beat the browns bills ravens cards and jets then i believe we can run the table

• Informative Informative x 1