1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Running Back possibilities... mid-late rd

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by cajunyankee, Mar 20, 2012.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    With the Knowledge Mendy will most likely be put on the pup list, return after the 1st 3rd of the season is played coupled with the fact its his last contract year we must consider all our options. Its being rumored Mendy won't return period.

Either way we should look at the RB position in rds 4/5 or 6. I'm sure we'll sign a UDFA but should we draft a RB and if so who and what rd?

Cajun-

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think round 3 is where we might look for one unless like Lamar Miller is there in the 2nd. Chris Polk is who I picked in my mock in round 3.

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  4. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am not so sure we will look for a RB in the day 2 rounds. We currently have some late round / UDFAs available that most likely have as much or more promise than anyone we could get later in the draft.
    We still need to see Dwyer/Clay/Batch/Span. Batch was tearing up camp last year. Dwyer, if he kept motivated (took a hint from redmans work ethic) could emerge. Clay looked pretty good in limited time. And Span is a nifty back.
    Any pick that will not be better than 2 of these guys will end up cut.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I say no to drafting any RB.

6. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    In 08' we chose Mendy over OT Duanne Brown. Our staff believes weapons is equally or more important than foundation ( OL ) and since we have a RB corp full of unproven ---except redman--- UDFA and with Mendy out the 1st half of the season...maybe effectively longer/forever... drafting a RB this year is a real option. I'm hoping a 3rd or 4th rd talent falls to the 5th/6th rd. Better yet a guy we have listed as a 2nd rd guy falls to the 4th rd, then we MUST pull the trigger.

Identifying these guys is the purpose of this thread. Any thoughts on possiblities?

Cajun-

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    LaMichael James and Chris Poke are both seen as mid to late third rounders. I wouldn't complain about either of them in the 4th or 5th if they fell. Change of pace to the bruising backs that we have, and a lot more dangerous out of the backfield.
    Pierce, Gray, Turbin, Pead, and Hillman would all be decent 5th/6th round talent. They look like the typical Steelers backs, short, quick, and powerful.