1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Run the dang ball!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    From Adam Bittner, PPG -

"The Steelers fell to 1-4 when they rush the ball fewer than 20 times in a game this season. Offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner didn’t turn to the run even with his team holding a cushy 23-7 lead after half time and Conner averaging a healthy four yards per carry."

Any hope Tomlin and Fichtner know this and will do something about it?

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    We did a better job mixing in the run tonight, but it wasnt nearly enough. I am not asking for 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but we are to pass happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Any hope Tomlin isn't a moron?.. Mmmm nah don't think so

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As some of us stated, while Randy Ficthner is the Offensive Coordinator, Big Ben is the one calling the shots.

That being said, Randy really needs to pound the rock more. I understsnd this is a passing league. I understand Ben wants to keep chucking it. Most importantly, I understand the passing game was working.

What I do not understand is that, when Randy was promoted to Offensive Coordinator, balance was preached. That was the focus earlier in the season. That has changed the past three games.

What is different? What has changed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, if the offensive line would stop holding on big runs and get beat like a drum (villy) then we could pound the rock effectively. This line is exposed when it comes to controlling the trenches to pick up a 1st down of 1-3yds on the ground

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :shrug:Anyone miss Bell? I couldn't help myself ... lol ... held off as long as I could ... lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2