1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RUMOR HALEY COULD BE FIRED ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Oct 13, 2014.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    True. And he's also no longer an effective DC. I'm all for bringing him back in at Christmas to dress as Santa and read The Night Before Christmas, but it's time to move on with another DC.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, now thats a matter of opinion. We'll see where the defense is at the end of the year.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I got to say I for one am against canning Haley. Ben is getting hit less. I don't like Dinking and Dunking down the field all the time, but I don't think 1 system is really better over another.

To me the guys aren't executing and, this defense is BAAAAAAD! That isn't Haley's fault.

5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I don't think Haley's the problem.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    THIS. Good Grief This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    quick and dirty just for you TTF

toddhaleygrinch.jpg

8. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    The system that is bad is when you recruit the fastest young wide receiver you can find, a graceful (not a big bull) running back (with no fullback to lead him) and put them behind a huge slow front line, and expect those young fast guys to dink and dunk?

This is 2 coaches who aren't working together.

9. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
  10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm curious what you think the issue is on D if its not Dick LeBeau? The players? Lack of talent?

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  12. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I wish but firing Haley I don't think will make any difference right now. There needs to be more than just him canned. I think some of the vets need to be benched in favor of the young guys just to give them a taste that their job is not as secure as they might think. If it is going south I would rather have it done with the young guys learning than the old vets getting the PT...

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That?!

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am not sure anyone of us can tell what is happening or where there needs to be a firing. Is it possible that Ben is changing the calls at the line and if so would not the blame fall more on Ben or CT then Haley? And why would Ben continually change calls Haley give him. If in fact this is true

15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    The other?

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! I mean whichever you want I suppose. All I know is that when we had a good D w were always contenders and now that we don't we can only contend for draft picks. We just give up WAY too many big plays. 217yds on 8 passes is unbelievable. I don't even want to think what Andrew Luck is gonna do to this defense.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He is a pretty Lucky guy I heard lol

18. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

This^^^^ . This is the most true statement I read, Haley's system requires to many parts to be perfect in order to work. Look at how they try to get Archer the ball in space, it requires that the wide out and slot receivers both make their block and if either misses the play is lucky to make it back to the line let alone gain yards. The same deal with how he runs a bubble screen, he calls that play at times where if it works it can get big yardage but in order for it to work, you got a lot of people that have to be perfect and just having one defender in a different spot could break the whole play down which is what we normally see.

19. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Even if we right the ship and finish strong these soft lazy starts are a glaring problem and need to be addressed. I don't know if it's our players, coaches, system or a combination but our play is not acceptable.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Players and lack of talent. Players they have are still learning and there are areas that still need talent, most noticeably, the secondary. Plus, their first round picks from the last 2 years are on the bench.

I don't believe a guy like DL, that has been around the game for as long as he has and has achieved the highest level of success just loses his ability to coach, I don't buy that.

I doubt Ben is just changing calls because he doesn't like them. However, he should be the one calling them, they should be in the no huddle much more then they have been.

21. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree DL has not lost the ability to coach but as a coach myself sometimes you have to adjust your system to fit your players. Right now I don't think he has the horses to run his system. So he runs what he can from his system which is why you don't see a ton of adjustments. Personally I would love to see us try some press coverage or something different than giving that 10 yard cushion. I also think the defense is not very disciplined in terms of reads. Troy for years has gotten away with free lancing and that was well and good when Clark was covering for those opportunities. Right now Mitchell and Troy don't seem even close to being on the same page.

I would think it would be much tougher to complete a 30 yard pass that takes time to develop than a 3 step drop in which we give the WR a 10 yard cushion.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    We wont ever know unless someone comes out and states emphatically that calls are changed at the line because Ben does not like what he sees... It seems unfathomable that when your running games works Haley would all of a sudden call off the dogs. More likely its because Ben does not like the formations on D.

23. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tomlin with Bruce Arians 27-11

Bruce Arians without Tomlin 23-10

Should we play this game some more?

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So whats that prove? Tomlin and BA are good coaches but Haley sucks, yeah, I agree.

25. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014