1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph the short-armed QB....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Congrats to Rudolph. The last couple of weeks were some of the worst offensive performances by the Steelers that I can remember. Now we put up 30 plus, no turnovers (interceptions) qbr 120 plus. Mitch had his chance, literally could not hit a completion down the field, all his completions that I remember were dump offs to Jaylen Warren. it is kind of strange if you think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think what you are missing is Rudolph`s performance other than this one game against a terrible defense.

I have seen all his starts. He is not that good and there is a good reason why he is a 3rd string QB.

Unless there is truth in Rudolph`s claim that sitting on the bench for years has made him a better QB and it is proven with future play, I don`t believe him.

Having said that, Tomlin should find out if Kenny is not 100% for the Hawks and if not, he should give Rudolph a chance to prove himself. I have no objection to that experiment because we have no chance to win a Super Bowl this year.

If Rudolph has a good/great game against the Hawks, that would set up a controversy going into last game against the Ratbirds. Starting Rudolph the remainder of the year when Kenny is healthy is same as saying Kenny lost starting job. Because of that possibility, Tomlin`s loyalty ideology will not let that happen.

3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LOL - this aged well!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Mitch regressed.....the DAY he was drafted!

• Winner Winner x 1