1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph is QB1

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TXSteelerFan69, Dec 31, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Whatever a playoff win is

I’m having trouble remembering

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

ok - I hear you. But he really did almost (always) suck. He CERTAINLY sucked his last 2 years. He really sucks - I am sure you can agree to that? He was a choke AND turnover MACHINE. you can argue system this and that, but he stunk. he never had a QBR above 71 in a year. that sucks man, come on. Pro Bowl means diddly squat, you should know that. His high mark in passing was 3200 yards. he stunk / stinks. It was a BAD year in the NFC - that is for sure, go look at the sad sack teams that year. THAT is why was in the PB. heck, guys go the PB b/c most guys have NO INTEREST in going! that is a LOUSY metric.....

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. Rudolph is the starter the rest of the way unless he sucks or gets hurt. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a short leash Saturday, but I doubt they are winning if he is bad enough to get pulled.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The last time they saw both on the field was in Pittsburgh for that year's AFC Championship. Brady wasn't doing much and the Steelers were beating him up enough to knock him out of the game. Bledsoe led the Patriots to their only offensive touchdown of the game. Brady was okay that season, but he wasn't anything special yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think you are mixing up passer rating and QBR. They aren't the same thing. Russell Wilson's highest-ever QBR was 72.7, his rookie season. After that, he was only over 70 once. Did he suck his entire career, too? Ben Roethlisberger's career high was 72.8 in 2015. He was only over 70 two other times in his career. I guess he sucked, too.

Trubisky's passer rating was 95.4 in 2018. It was 93.5 his final season with the Bears.

Your arguments work a lot better if you understand the statistical measures you are using and interpret them properly.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    For good reason we haven't been relavent for so long
    Everybody is wandering what a playoff win is.