1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph indicates he wants a fresh start

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude you know nothing of that part of the game if you think that route isn’t run every single week. What do you think his route was supposed to be? Especially with where the ball ended up? You’re 100% wrong.

Like I said, we’ll find out what the rest of the league thinks of him soon enough. Unless he crawls back for a 3rd string spot again because it looks like the Steelers will be going in a different direction.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    No you're wrong if you think thats an out in that position of the field.. he's supposed to comeback to the pylon which is the only logical designed play considering field position... that's exactly where the ball was thrown.. like I said fb 101,,, receiver ran the wrong route... watch the play no way an out has room... It wouldn't have happened if maybe they'd had time to develop more chemistry instead of Tomlin having his best Qb on the bench to save his ego... Your unreasonable attitude about Rudolph, who has been nothing but a professional " if he crawls back" is utter nonsense & just proves you never were objective at all...
    You want to discuss the int but not all the positives that got them into that game & gave them a chance to win...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How do you know? Maybe with a new OC the light comes on. He did Winn ACC player of the year 3 years ago while playing with 2-3 star players.

4. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Atlanta would be my choice if I was Reindeer.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

there are 5-8 teams that he could / will start on. Ours could be 1, if it were he vs, Kenny.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nice try, but in one of the posts in which you were whining about excuses, you made a bunch of excuses for Rudolph. It also is fanboyish of you that it upsets you so much when I point out the reasons to doubt your hero.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

You’re embarrassing yourself. Receivers run that route all the time and he had plenty of room. Even if your ridiculous claim that he was supposed to run back to the pylon was true, the pass is still picked off. Unlike you who obviously doesn’t study this portion of the game I do spend time on film breakdown. Not one person other than Rudolph fans have said DJ was in the wrong here. Again, even Rudolph said the ball needed to be outside. “Us or nobody” as in only our guy can make a play on the ball.

Starts at the 4:45 mark. Learn something.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is the favored excuse of the Rudolph fanboys on this site, that Johnson was somehow supposed to save him from that interception. By the way, I'm not talking about everyone who writes positive things about Rudolph. Most are sensible enough to admit he made a big mistake on that play. It takes a fanboy to insist the guy is perfect, or to try to argue that he is as mobile as Roethlisberger in his prime. lol

9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    The deer has indicated he would like a fresh start.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    When did he do this

Link please

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    The fascination has shifted from Fields to Tannehill. Who’s next? Sam Darnold?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dk...said that , and Tannehill is a bullcrap. He's way closer to the team than I am, but We shall see. I think Tannehill is a mistake. 2 good years out of 151 games started is not very confidence building IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm pursing Tannehill. I'd let Mason move on as I see someone giving him #2 money.

In the draft, i'm focusing on offensive and defensive line. They need to get his Jackson Powers kid at center

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    The 2024 season hasn’t even started yet and I already want it to be over cause it’s gonna be the same as 2023.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    KP battling Ryan Tannehill for QB1 and Mike Tomlin as HC…… what could go wrong??

I’m just excited for the draft because if we keep having good results things will turn around.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope the Steelers re-sign him, but I’ll be rooting for him no matter where he lands. Class act!

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed...unless He's lining up against us in a game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    My take on this is while Rudolph may not be our "Franchise QB" that we are looking for, he played at an ability that the offense could put up 20pts or more weekly and if we have the defense that we have (that aren't on the field all game and not playing from behind) we can compete with anyone. With Pickett, as of date, our defense needs to play lights out just to keep us in the game...where Pickett then comes in and marches us down in 4th Qtr where we score and is hailed a savior. We wouldn't be in that position for that to happen if he played up to a competent QB for the other 3.5 quarters if the game. Pickett has 7 touchdowns his rookie year and now 6 his second year...in 25 games. That doesn't bode well going forward or give me confidence in Pickett. I feel like the Steelers will he spinning their wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

this is correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Whether or not Rudolph is a legit starting QB, he was light years better than Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Rudolph said what he was supposed to say because he's a leader and a true professional... He was saying he should have thrown it away because the receiver was not there... thus "us or nobody "... If you truly study film or have a peewee level of offensive understanding about spacing you know 2 things... It was a designed play, Rudolph was throwing to a spot & only 1 option u must have missed that part in your film study... 2nd,, no oc would design an out at that short of field because there's no space to create separation & no angle of attack.. but if he cuts back to the pylon thus sealing the defender he creates the space & angle... this is where Rudolph placed the ball, this is where the defender expected it to be thus the int, the only one not clear was the receiver running an out... this is pretty basic fb 101... we agree Rudolph shouldn't have thrown it, he even agrees & would never throw his teammate under bus, they should have just ran najee... you want something so bad to criticize Rudolph about its ridiculous... he deserves his part of the blame 4 sure but its not 100% on him as you want it to be... Nevermind that you overlook all the credit he deserves or the fact that if kp was playing they'd more than likely not even scored a td or had a chance period...

You're just as bad as scribe with accusing others of , not knowing or embarrassing themselves while being the 2 on here making the least amount of sense... I keep trying to have a chess conversation with u2 & u both keep telling me how fn leggos work...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  22. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess you don't believe. In possible different play callers could have made a difference?

23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it has been stated - and we can rest it - time will tell it all.......

he may be a successful QB somewhere else - and we can look back and say Tomlin crapped the bed.

if he remains pedestrian, then so be it.......

no one WITH A BRAIN can say that he did not perform VERY WELL to get us a trip to BUFF for the playoffs. The TEAM itself - those that KNOW - all said it too, even if his head coach would not admit it.

24. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Imagine Rudolph’s progress with this new commitment to improving the Offensive coaching.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    If we get tannehill, I don't see why we would trade. But I do think they would take a QB in the draft and let them fight it out. However they'll still take a center with the first pick.