1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruben Randle, WR will be our 24th pick

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelerNDC, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Productive, speedy and TALL WR from the SEC. He played with some TERRIBLE QBs at LSU but still was a playmaker. He'll be our 24th pick and a good one at that.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, let's take a receiver in the first round. That way if we don't re-sign Wallace we'll be flushing 1-2 WRs down the toilet, and if we do we'll be flushing away 2-3.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I would probably throw something really, really heavy at the tv if that happens.

:lolol: :lolol: @ SBD

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If this happens I may have to stab myself in the eyes.

Randle is nothing special. Anytime he played an NFL caliber CB, he was completely shut down.

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would not have a problem with WR if his name is Hill....he eases in year one...him and wallace going deep with Sanders and Brown working underneath....and if Wallce leaves next year....we keep a WR who can take the top off....and is also a leaper in the redzone.

Hill might only catch 20 passes as a rookie...but 6 will be TD's

HACK

8. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I like Hill too but we just have way too big a hole on the OL. My dream scenario is trading down and making Amini Silatolu our first pick.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You want 4 WR's on the field all the time? What about our RB's and TE's? You're not Bruce Arians are you? :roflmao:

I'm fine with a WR in round 3 or later, but we have too many other needs. Plus this is a deep draft for WR's, so taking one in the 1st round would be dumb unless his name is Floyd or Blackmon, and neither will drop to us.

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would have Wallace, Hill, and Brown rotating the fly route all game long...Im going to wear out their corners and safeties...all 4 would play often...right there is why I am different than BA. Hill is a rocket, and a leaper....the Steelers have a couple of rockets...but not one guy who can jump.

And for the record...4 WR and 5 wide sets do have there place....its just not 3rd and 2

HACK

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I would only find this palatable if we know that we will be unable to retain Wallace. If we lose Wallace, we will need a legitimate "X" receiver, and Hill has that potential. However, if we are close to a deal that will retain Wallace, Hill is an unnecessary luxury given other needs - and other players who will be available at Pick #24 who have gotten it done in their college careers, and not just shown potential.

All of that said, I like Alshon Jeffery much better than Hill, and he will almost certainly be on the board at #24. He has produced in a big way in the SEC. He is a deadly red zone threat. He may not be the burner that Hill is, but he can draw double coverage the same way that Vincent Jackson does - with size, power and the ability to grab the ball even when there's a defender on him. 1,500 receiving yards in the SEC is a pretty mean feat, and he did that in 2010 when they had a QB.

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    SMH at some people.

13. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    What happened to this guy that made his stock fall from last year? I remember there being a debate about whether or not Blackmon was better.

14. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    He has weight issues, and doesn't get separation...

[​IMG]

15. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Great thing I was wrong!