1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Round 1 winners and losers

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    On paper anyway, because obviously these guys have yet to play a snap but who do you think did well and poorly?

Winners: Im just mentioning the ones that really stand out to me. There are more good picks then what Im listing.

Cleveland - Peppers and Garret, wow, dynamic players, great first rd.

Cardinals - Hasson Reddick. He's going to wreak havoc for them, probably my favorite player in the draft. He was my dirty secret actually. If he had some how fallen to us, Id have loved to grab him. Great weapon, play him inside and outside.

Bucs - Howard is an absolute beast. Great weapon for Winston

Colts - Hooker at 15, wow, thought he'd go top 10.

Texans - Cost them some ammunition but they got out from under Brocks contract AND got their QB in the draft.

Steelers - Duh, of course Id list them. I do think Watts will be special though, him and Bud should be fun to watch for years to come.

Losers:

Bears - WTF were they thinking? Stay where you are, keep your picks and get Trubisky anyway and if not, Watson is sitting there.

KC - Doubly WTF were you thinking?!? 17 spots for Mahommes??? With Watson still on the board?

Steals: Could have put these under winner but deserves its own category.

Raiders - Garson Conley. If chargers are dropped, phew, what a grab here.

49ers - Actually, 49ers belong under winners but Foster could be the steal of the draft. He needs to grow up and hopefully his shoulder is ok but man, what a pick at 31 this could be. Him and Solomon = great first rd.

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Pretty good analysis there. I thought it weird that the broncos took a 25 year old OL. He's seems to be a good player tho.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Probably the only legitimate LT. Ramczyk might too but I don't think he's near as good as Bolles. As long as Bolles keeps his head on straight he should be a good one.

4. Dan51790

Dan51790 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2017
    The winners of the first round were the 49ers. Two great talents and got some additional picks by robbing the Bears for 1 spot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The 49ers had best night by far to me. The stole all night. The browns didn't have a good one if u ask me. Garret will be a bust. I can honestly see him pulling a Jason worilds are retiring early. He is a different cat. Peppers is a wildcard and a long way from a sure thing

6. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    And Njoku on the field will wave our corner blitzers into (whomever is on the field at QB) like he's directing traffic.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No one is a sure thing. Foster comes with baggage too.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Great break down Blast, I will add a few if you don't mind.

Winners:

Saints - Lattimore and Ramczyk were both big needs as well as good picks.
    NYG - Getting a speedy TE for Eli adding to Marshall could be dangerous
    Panthers - Most know I think McCaffrey is gonna be a stud and a match up problem. This offense is going to be nasty.
    Tenn. - Jackson and Davis are very good, I think they were lacking a #1WR and Jackson could be used more than just CB
    Texans - Getting Watson is nice, I feel he is the most ready QB and let's face it the Texans have a ready team just lacking a QB

Losers:

ATL - Sorry not a Takk fan I think he is much like Jarvis Jones and they moved up for him....but he loves his grandma.
    Lions - IMO could have done a ton better than Davis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I thought Tennessee was a winner, but how could you not be with two picks. Surprised they went WR first and not DB, but it seemed to work out for them. I really liked Adoree Jackson. Good pairing with the newly acquired Logan Ryan.

Very surprised the Chargers went WR. Thought they were pretty set at the position with the way Tyrell Williams came on last year. And they get Keenan Allen back from injury. Guess they didn't grade the O-lineman very high.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Winners
    SF
    Nola

Losers
    Chicago Who is running this franchise, certainly not the Halas's
    KC

Just a side note, could we have moved up through trade/ in second to get a certain player
    we wanted. IE we give said team Martavious Bryant/ Mike Mitchell say for a chance to draft Marcus Williams.or is this considered illegal?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice job Turtle, a couple weeks back I complimented
    you on the Pitt players. I like both of these players and I see
    where the Rams drafted Ejuan Price in the 6th. I want to forewarn
    people of this board, James Conner is not the reincarnation of Le'vean Bell
    but he knows how to play football and has a BIG motor. Very good pick to
    give Le'vean a breather and ST's.