1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roughing the passer is a joke

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Smitch89, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I turned the game off. The NFL is just unwatchable at this point in time

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think this deserves it's own thread and I'm talking for every teams fans out there.

The new what? is a catch? rule?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Beat u to it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The rule is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Fitzmagic has looked like a wet fart

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ryan Fitzpatrick and his boyfriend Patrick Fitzryan. Wait, what does a wet fart look like?

7. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Fitzpatricks duck to bud Dupree that's what a wet fart looks like lol

8. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    They need to change the rule. Absolutely terrible.

9. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well wouldn't a sack be roughing the passer. Stupid rule to a point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JDDAR

JDDAR New Member

Sep 24, 2018
    Agree.. next year will be 2 hand touch on QB..Lambert must be having a stroke right now. Bring out the skirts!!
    NFL is a joke

11. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    you can thank the wussification of America and that as@hole Roger Goodell

12. Darrin Elkins

Darrin Elkins Member

Sep 16, 2018
    I think this is the snowflake effect creeping into the NFL

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    No Fun League.

As a wise Jack Lambert once said, "Put a skirt on em"

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Actually, I was going to make a post like this after the KC game... I just don't like this football anymore.

KC-Pitt was like Arena football, and that is not the kind of football I like.

All offense and no D is boring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Can't hit the QB low (Because Marsha hurt her knee)

Can't hit the QB high, or even have your helmet in the same area code as theirs.

Can't wrap up and drive the tackle as, oh, I don't know, you've been TRAINED YOUR WHOLE LIFE TO DO!!!

If you're running full speed, you have exactly 0.02 seconds to pull up and avoid contact once the ball leaves the QBs hands or it's a penalty.

This is ridiculous. Teams can't even play defense anymore. The WRs are almost as protected.

You almost need a signed consent form, witnessed by 4 people and notarized, plus verbal confirmation that the QB is willing to be contacted and then gently lay him down with a pillow, blanket and binky.

Get rid of the Mel Blount rule. It won't change this BS. But it might allow the D to do something other than watch the offense play catch.

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It’s becoming crazy, 4 almost 5 in one game?

Between hits to the head, where a player can’t do much, and the roughing the passer calls are nuts. When there are 20 plus pentalies and only so many plays we are seeing flags on 16-18 % of plays including declined ones

17. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I've been posting threads about this in the general NFL talk forum since the preseason game where they kept calling it in our favor on hits against Dobbs...I got crickets

I knew as soon as it affected a Steelers game I'd have some company

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Steelers had 85 penalty yards with 10 mins to go in the second quarter.. Steelers are undisciplined as hell but enough is enough with these flags and roughing the passer/personal foul calls enough

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The message is clear: DO NOT TAKE THE QUARTERBACK TO THE GROUND. Wrap him up and wait for the whistle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Only this kinda football can have a guy suck for most of a game "Fitzpatrick" And still throw for 411 yards

21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The players can't play anymore. I feel the OPs sediment. The idea they were going to call Cam for it was ridiculous. Might as well give the QB a flag and make it flag football.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You all need to accept the rule. It is for the quarterbacks protection, and as a side note it makes the game more exciting. Quarterbacks should be allowed to throw the ball without fear of being hit full speed by a 300 lb man, and the receiver should have time to catch the ball without interference, turn, and run for another 10 yards at the least. This is the way football was meant to be played. Ok, I can't even say any of that with a straight face. I don't know what in the hell the NFL is expecting, but I sure know it isn't going to keep fans around for long if it doesn't change. I actually heard myself saying I'm not as interested in football if this is what it is coming to. I remember a time when quarterbacks had to play with a little fear of being killed. The good quarterbacks overcame it, and the bad ones succumbed to it. I remember a time when a receiver didn't even want to run a route in the middle of the field fearing his ancestors would get hit (with the exception of Hines Ward). I remember a time when the most feared guy on the field was a no name linebacker missing all his teeth, a couple fingers, was crossed eyed, didn't have a brain cell to protect who would hit a guy so hard he was never able to reproduce. Sorry for the rant, but I can't handle this tissue paper league. If it wasn't for my love of the Steelers, I'm not even sure I would be watching today's NFL. Some of the best games I ever watched had less than 20 points scored total. This sucks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    This really is to our advantage. Good luck trying to bring Big Ben down without falling on him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hit the QB hard as hell and take the penalty. :shrug::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Honestly I think that had something to do with Fitz's picks. Hitting the QB is still worth it.

• Like Like x 1