1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roster moves

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You're not seeing what people are saying. They brought veterans in for this O-line, they had to adjust their whole techique they've been playing with to match what the coaches want them to do. That takes time.

You want to say there "Might" be someone on the street who's better, but we're not sure. How do you know a guy is better until you see what he can do on the field. Right now they've been playing together with the system all year and are making improvements. You want to pull 1 or 2 out and stick a guy in there on the chance he'll play better?

Obviously they're looking, they can't just sign everyone they want to and have to balance that with players they might actually need as healthy back-ups. If you look it's a lot of OLB, RB, WR, CB they're shuffling around because of injuries. They're also trying to balance it out and learn some things to make roster decisions in the spring for futures contracts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The above bold is all I was asking/ wondering about. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Anyone able to get the off OL ranking for where we are now

Early in the season I believe we were moving up and then the eagles banged us into the ground

• Like Like x 1
  4. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Steelers grabbed DT Johnathan Marshall off the Jets practice roster and also look to be brining back OLB Ola Adeniyi.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    LOL... Inside joke for me. A D-Lineman that didn't Pass a Physical. :)
    upload_2022-12-15_17-14-56.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But he's a OLB...although I know what You are talking about.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Not sure of your preferred source, but PFF (which I don't consider in any way the Bible, just one the compiles stats and uses a 'formula' to generate rankings) had the Steelers at #30 entering the season and #18 entering Week 15.

To wit with respect to my personal differences with some of their evals, they credit the line's pass blocking as "significantly better" than its run blocking performance. I don't see it, but apparently their formula has them eighth in pass-blocking efficiency.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not a fan of PFF, but that seems about close with what I've seen, and compared with other teams.

9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    In terms of overall ranking, maybe. But I have trouble with the eighth in pass-blocking efficiency.

• Like Like x 1