1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ross Cockrell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 16, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Id like to see some numbers to back this up.

2. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    The two best players in the secondary are the two rooks and that includes Mitchell. Maybe just one more heavily loaded DB draft and this team becomes awesome.

No doubt Cockrell is savvy and gutsy. Unfortunately, that is not enough. I'm forced to agree with all of the negatives in the thread. However, he is the best option at this time. One positive though is the greatly improved play of the front seven. This certainly is helping RC and the rest of the DB's too. The team is winning anyhow so might as well just keep it rolling.

Uhh! Notice to whoever is bringing the mirrors to these games. Make sure you don't forget them this week!:smiley1:

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel Ross was better earlier in the year, he is also getting feisty with penalties as well, which can hurt the team.

I like him as a player though, I think we got a steal from Buffalo. He just needs to clean some things up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    When I saw this thread I was thinking the same thing Mac.

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    so look it up.....pretty simple

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If we can make Brady uncomfortable in the pocket, we can control their offense.

Cockrell, didn't play great the other night, but I expect him to be better this week.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm not the one making the claims. The burden of proof is on you. With that said I'm calling B.S.
    The guy gives up a third and 20 and now he's terrible?

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ross Cockrell is good. We stole guy from Buffalo and I mean stole.

Your not going to shut down every teams best wide out every time. But, he is a very good player.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Sorry Glenn but if you read my post I did clearly stated that was my opinion....that is what this is a message board with opinions. You want me to provide proof on my opinions sorry not gonna do it. I am not basing this on one freakin 3rd and 20 man. I feel he is not playing as well as last year....MY OPINION you don't agree fine move on........

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I think he will go after the rookie, Burns???

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    well since its your opinion...

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    More than likely.

13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

He'll test them all then choose the weakest link or links. (Timmons and Cockrell) Marsha makes his living throwing up the middle and that's where the steelers are most vulnerable

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not so much against the texans, his tightend Bennet had only 1 catch for 4 yards, Edelman was his main man for 137 yards, Lewis and white had the TD catches, but lewis also fumbled the ball away twice turning it over once, brady threw two picks that against a better offense that could score off of them could have hurt them, their running game between blount for 31, and lewis for 41 yards not so hot, edelman and amandola had 27 yards rushing combined, I think if we had played them we would have had our best chance to win I'm hoping they play another pick fumble game against us but I dont expect to get that same caliber of play from them this Sunday....

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

And thats ok because if you know it and Brady knows then Cockrell will know lol

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

More than likely.

Burns has improved but that sequence where he bit hard on the playfake against KC means he is still learning.

17. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

That's going up against the #1 D in the league, they're ranked #2 against the pass , steelers ranked 16th in passing.

18. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, Gilbert draft status is moot at this point of his career. Same when we got Heyward-Bey. We probably can savage some quality play from him. He's not making a ton of money and we can afford to let him develop. Gholson is still under his rookie contract and we have time for him as well. But I must agree it does seem like he breaks if the wind blows hard.

19. Chainmover1

Jan 3, 2014
    Diamond said:
    I think he will go after the rookie, Burns???

SteelerGlenn said:
    More than likely.

Jim92 said:
    He'll test them all then choose the weakest link or links. (Timmons and Cockrell) Marsha makes his living throwing up the middle and that's where the steelers are most vulnerable

niterider said:
    Mark it down: Brady is going to throw Cockrell's way early and often.

AskQuestionsLater said:
    Burns has improved but that sequence where he bit hard on the playfake against KC means he is still learning.

---Yeah! I didn't like watching him chasing that guy down the sideline 5yds behind, but at least he was catching up. I think he'll do just fine Sunday.

Anyway, right now 'm hoping they are very concerned who Ben Roethlisberger is going after. Let's let them spend some sleepless nights.

20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Love it! This reinforces the fact that Cockrell has a high football IQ and that Kelce is an IDIOT!

21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think it'll be a shootout, last team with the ball wins.

22. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I just want to know what he said to Kelce right there that made him flip.

23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He also gave up 18 yards on a 2nd. and 20 ....He was also spun around at the line again ...He is a fair CB at best we really do need to upgrade him...Ryan Clark was on this morning and was talking about how do the Steelers get pressure and he said we will need to blitz the LB'S but that would force us to play fire zone or man...He stated we don't have the talent at CB to play man ...He has stated he likes Burns and he thinks Gay is a good player so who do you guys think he meant ?

If we play a lot of man Ross will get abused .....

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably had more to do with the little shove Cockrell gave him at the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Chainmover1

Jan 3, 2014
    I'll take that on one condition. Steelers get the ball last.

btw: Last time NE was here they also did a lot of damage running.
    L.Blount 24 127 5.3 25 2
    and their generally overlooked D did a pretty good job on Bell.
    L.Bell 21 81 3.9 12 0
    Of course there was no Ben and probably just as important neither Harrison or Dupree [out]started. [Edit:] [Oh yeah, the 3 rooks also started bringing speed strength and energy.Useful stuff!]

So I suppose the Steelers have a shot but like Hines Ward said they will have to click on all 3 cylinders. [He later admitted he was trying to outdo the hockey player who said "We got our backs up behind the eight ball"

Speaking of Ward, I'm visualizing the play where he breaks out and Ben rifles a shot and Ward makes a diving catch going through the pylon. TD! Could of used something like that last week in the RZ.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017