1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roquan Smith

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Unlikely to happen but your thoughts on it....Smith requested a trade this morning.He is a all-pro ILB of the Bears

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Who wouldn't want Smith. It's just a matter of the right trade pieces and the salary cap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Wouldn't mind it at all, although, I wouldn't be so quick to send claypool packing.....
    I would give them Bush, either Anthony Miller or Miles Boykin and a draft pick

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Great player and he's going to want a huge new contract.

• Winner Winner x 4
  5. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I got as far as "huge" then lost my concentration..... lol. (Your profile pic exposes me as a male in that I hear(read) nothing other than the shirt, misogynist pig that I am)

When I came back to earth and saw "new contract" I was in agreement.
    He will want that because that is why he wants out of Chicago.

Good player though. I don't know if I want to trade anything more that maybe a later round pick.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    This post doesn't say anything. :wink:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would definitely inquire. We would definitely be back to Blitzburgh and a top 5 defense!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That..Is a perfect trade prediction

9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Im.not sure what trade value Boykin or Miller have..both are my reportedly having decent camps..Likely only 1..if even that makes the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Boykin has zero trade value. Same with Miller. Chase Claypool has probably a little bit and some draft picks. They wouldn't be interested in Bush who's a failed high end first round pick. The Steelers would never acquire Smith anyway so it doesn't really matter anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I just noticed that shirt says Steelers on it

I’ll be damned I never noticed

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There isn’t enough room in the budget for one more high priced defensive player

Especially without a QB

13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Some of these twitter pundits. GOOD LORD!!! LOL!!!

"Chase Claypool + draft picks to Chicago? Could be something there…"

So this guy comes up with a random trade scenario, then follows his random trade scenario with "Could be something there." No....No there is not something there. He literally just thought it up.

Man I hate twitter.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I would love nothing more than to have the likes of RoQuan Smith paired with Myles Jack. Alas, all but a pipe dream. Cap is one issue but the biggest one is essentially telegraphing that the team has all but given up on Devin Bush Jr. Now, the Baltimore Ravens on the other hand?!?!

If I am Eric DeCosta and John Harbaugh, I would definitley be willing to listen. Same goes with Las Vegas, Denver and even New England. I would also add Los Angeles as an honorable mention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    If they haven't already, they should. I know Smith coming here is not happening... but I sure wouldn't let Bush be a reason to prevent that trade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Except Boykin does have some trade value. He is on the last year of his rookie deal, if he can demonstrate even a bit of return to pre-draft form he isn't a bad rental player for a team that is hurting for wr talent. In a crowded room even if he can get a 6th round pick it's better than cutting him and getting nothing.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why would they take that deal? They wouldn't. They already gave up on Miller and Boykin signed cheaply because he wasn't in demand. Bush has very little value at this point.

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    wasn't Boykin claimed off waviers?

19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    And they call themselves journalists lmao.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I was just looking that up. You may be right. Either way, other teams could have had him cheaply. If it was waivers, I believe that means the Bears passed on him for him to get to the Steelers. It is silly to think he has trade value right now. Bringing up Miller was even worse given that the Bears already let him go once and Miller has done nothing since.

21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Miller has already done a tour of duty with the Bears, so I doubt he goes. If the Bears wanted a WR, it would have to be Claypool. The Bears need a #2 WR.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It’s a pipe dream, but please make it happen

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    1 I want Smith, unless the rumors are true that he wants 20 mill a year True...5 years 100 mill.... ill pass. But maybe 5 years 85 mill with a bunch of money in the first two years might get it done

2 If the Bears traded Smith to Pitt I thunk they would take Bush... they will need a body at MLB and the Steelers might make them take him to offset the money. We take Smith and his 9 mill (before new deal) They take Bush and his 6mill.. so only a shift of 3mill

3 the Bears didn't want Miller when they had Miller. I doubt they want Boykin. They might want Claypool but so do I so he is off the table for me. I would have traded DJ before the new deal. I think Pickens Claypool and Austin are the future

4. I'm good with any draft pick to get Smith.. I think a package with a 2 might get it done... but even for a1 of do it as they will most likely be drafting a LB with that pick anyway

5. I don't think you can say the STEELERS would never do that. MINKAH is a never would do that. Colbert might not but we don't know what Khan will do

HACK

• Like Like x 2
  25. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    smith has never made first team all-pro.

feelings about him are mixed. PFF sees him as a middling defender, his best season grade was just 67.2. the media sees him as an all-pro but the general football fan public doesn't see him as a pro bowler.

smith sees himself as deserving the best ILB contract thus resetting the ILB market.

smith had a contract dispute when drafted also and was the last first rounder of his class to sign. sounds like trouble to me.

all this from nfl.com article by Nick Shook dated aug 9.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1