1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooneys thoughts on wallace

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well looks like he will be a priority, not sure I agree. I thought Rooney was right on with his other observations in the PG article.

2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We will see.Things could change?I'm on the fence with Wallace.Honestly,I really don't know what I would do?I see positives and negatives with him.What's best for the team should be the deciding factor. GO STEELERS!!

3. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Our recieving corp as it stands right now cannot not afford to lose Wallace. Sure he frustrates us all with lack of going up and getting the ball and his occassional drops, but Antonio Brown benefited on the other side of the field with Wallace in the lineup. Unless you replace Wallace with a bona-fide #1 or ver clos #2 reciever and let Wallace walk, Brown and our offense will suffer the consequences because Brown will get doubled and teams won't be overly worried about Sanders, Miller or Crotchery in my opinion.

Sign Wallace and work his ass off this offseason!

4. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any receiver who draws double coverage makes the team better even if he doesn't make some catches he should make. Wallace is still young, give him some time to develop. With doubts about Ward and Cotchery playing for the Steelers next season, they'll need him.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep bring wallace back please

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    These two statements from Art II were music to my ears:

When asked for specifics about positives to take from 2011, Rooney said the Steelers have a good mix of younger players and veterans on the roster, and that many of those key components are signed into the future. But he also said the Steelers have to become more consistent on offense, both by cutting down on the number of sacks and doing better than No. 21 in the NFL in scoring, and that the defense fell short in the number of turnovers it forced.

“I don’t think we should want or expect a dramatic change in Ben. ‘A little bit’ is probably the key phrase,” said Rooney. “He has been pretty darn successful in a lot of what he does. He’s different from other quarterbacks. We don’t want or expect dramatic changes in Ben. We need him to be healthy. We need him to continue to be healthy. He is turning 30. Taking fewer sacks, fewer risks here and there is something he needs to think about. But not a dramatic change.”

:this!:

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

9. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, I guess he said what he had to: if he didn't want Wallace on the team, he wouldn't have said it.

Probably it's true and they're focusing on bringing him back, but probably it's to throw some leverage and see if other teams interested make a quick move for him (In that scenario we'll get a 1st round, right?)

10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I would like them to give Wallace one more year at least. He does have something you can't teach, which is speed. However he does need some serious coaching and training on going after the ball agressively when it's in flight, and catching it at it's highest point. Sure hope he works on that. :hehehe: :hehehe:

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We need Wallace as he makes Brown better. Cotchery us an UFA and Sanders cannot seem to stay healthy.

12. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Do you know how difficult that is when you're moving as fast as he is, on a deep route? I agree with you on shorter routes (hooks, curls, quick slants, etc), but when he's burned a CB and is passing a safety, he has the afterburners on, and it's up to Ben to deliver the ball properly.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'd rather have wallace here then ,tom brady hitting him down the seam for TD's. :cool:

14. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    didn't he say last year to get back to the running game?? How well did that play out this year?

15. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    you are absolutely right on that. who would love to have him...........Brady!

16. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    No, Rooney said he wanted the Steelers to run the ball more effectively.

17. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yes, but how many times did Ben go deep and underthrow Wallace. He would slow down or even be stopped waiting for the ball, then he didn't make much of an effort to get to the ball. The point is he has the speed, just needs to be more of a ball hawk. :amen:

18. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That was 2 seasons ago. This past season all ben did was over throw the ball to wallace and brown.