1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooney: Get your house in order!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KnoxVegasSteel, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I mostly agree with you, I was referring to the OP not being entertained lately by the Steelers

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    For the record I yawned at like three posts.
    I don’t think there’s a downward spiral. I think things are a bit disfuncional right now, but I trust that it’ll get fixed.
    What I think is a lot of people get caught up in all the media created drama and overreact. And overreact badly.

At the end of the day I have no control over what this team does. If I was as angry about things as much as some are I’d be done with the team.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Fair enough. I honestly don't think I am over-reacting when I say there is a downward spiral. Let's look at a few things I see as undeniable.
    1. Since Tomlin took over, the team has steadily become more about individuals than team.
    2. We are threatened with losing talent faster than we can gain talent.
    3. The Steelers are in the news more often for drama than for dominance.
    4. Tomlin clearly has issues with player management.
    5. Issues like Butler's fiasco about Eifert being covered up, and a media guy being forced to take the fall, are just not what this organization is known for.

The thing that cements it for me is this ..... this is NOT the Steeler organization I came to respect unquestionably and it seems to coincide with Art II rising in control/power.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Can only hope somethin can be improved. It was mentioned last year and nothin was done. Brown has taken advantage of the steelers and his home. It is turning back on him and the guys at top are part responsible too for letting it happen. Maybe Brown knows its better for him to go. Givin up and being a baby aint the steeler way. feels like that is how the meeting with rooney will go. Connor and juju is a good step forward. Its on my bucket list to score their jerseys, might have to be more patient than i was with bell and browns.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Glemm

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Glemm?

7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed..." The Steeler Way " is just an old ,made up saying whose ship has sailed years ago...The ONLY thing still associated with the " Steeler Way " is the forever mentioned " 3 Head Coaches in........." BS

They drive this saying into the ground...Every National or local based interview or show ALWAYS states " the Steelers won't jump to rash conclusions " they never do because you know..." They have had 3........."

So freakin what...I don't care if they had 1 Coach for a 100 years...The way they run buisness now is pitiful and embarrassing...And has been for a while...If they actually think this magical " Steeler Way " is gonna make some kind of difference in righting this ****show, it's not!

But the most depressing thing is...They WILL continue down this path...They WON'T make major changes...Well, they should!

Their 2 biggest stars have become Assholes, 3...If you count the QB who I don't belive is Mr.Little Innocent in all of this...

That's just the " offfield " stuff! onfield embarrassing defenses, continual losing to the likes of Oakland and other **** teams every year, costing us seeding and playoffs...Players sceaming at Coaches, not knowing how to use timeouts, or manage the clock, woofing after making a tackle after a 2O yard run when you're getting whooped...Then trying to go into said teams lockeroom after you got whooped...

" Steeler Way " lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You mean Glenny?

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep, and the value of those teams who have never achieved the level of success of the Steelers is likely much lower than the value of a dynasty like the Steelers.

And I agree with you that nothing is going to happen, which just reinforces the initial point of this thread about mismanagement, lack of visionary leadership, and complacency. Rooney can obviously run his business any way he wants to and if he chooses to ignore the negative sentiment of a growing percentage of his fan (customer) base, then his business results will probably suffer as a result.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah just leave out the fact that the Cowboys also had a great defense, in addition to the triplets.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Forever the optimist.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh look another doom and gloom thread :facepalm:.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh look, another Mike Tomlin apologist :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh look another Real Steel or Heinz Mustard wannabe :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I can explain it to you. I can’t make you understand it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's the funny thing about people with limited intelligence, they think anyone who writes and/or speaks well is showing off and they think that only they can understand their logic. Probably true on the second one.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    By value he means Tomlin sucks or Tomlin sucks or that Tomlin sucks.

20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding you with Tomlin's balls in your mouth :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok... let’s tone it down a bit, ok?

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Ah Art II. Going to Florida to chase down Brown. And on board having a transition tag to be placed on the rap giant. No circus here.

Some just can't handle the fact that this franchise is on the decline. It doesn't have to be. It starts with the ownership not seeing any issues. If he decides not to extend Tomlin, that would be a start. Retaining Butler was a complete joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yawn.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Was it something I said? My bad. :hehehe:

25. steelersrule6