1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rookies Steelers met with (official lists)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I figured since the meetings are starting at the combine and will continue afterwards we'd get a list started here.

So far I've found...

John Cooper OG NC
    Lane Johnson OT OK
    R. Woods WR USC
    Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    2013 Draft Prospects Connected with Steelers

I keep making posts, guess I could just organize into one, feel free to post them as you see them.

* Met with Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC at the combine
    * Met with Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma at the combine
    * Rumored to be "drooling" over Ezekiel Ansah
    * Set to meet with Robert Woods, WR, USC

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Jordan Hill DT PSU Interviewed
    Montee Ball RB WI Scheduled

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Geno Smith just said on NFLN that he has met with the Steelers.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    interesting.:cool:

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Eh I take it with a grain of salt...just like one of the guys on NFLN said when they talked about the Bengals talking with Geno too. And they pretty much said that ALL teams should be looking at any and all players that could improve their team...are they looking to replace Dalton? No...but it doesnt hurt to talk to someone/etc. Or something along these lines they said, haha.

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Steelers are going to trade Ben for draft picks.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    no but if someone below us wants him at that point it makes for interesting trade talks.:cool:

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Kenny Vaccaro- Scheduled for tonight.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I like this interview. Now that Tennessee has landed Wilson from Buffalo, their safety situation is less dire. I had thought they were a lock to take Vaccaro until then, now I think there's a realistic chance that he is there at #17.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am leaning this way, God I hope he turns out to be like the Seahawks safety out of Texas. And I am
    scared of Texas ball players.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Extremely interesting, Are we looking at a 3 year window? What does that tell
    you about the QBs coming up through college ranks? Perplexing to say the least.
    Why even bother to waste peoples time?

14. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Sometimes I think teams like to meet with top prospects just to know them a little bit. Maybe Geno fails where he's drafted and is a free agent in 4 years and Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert remember being really impressed with his interview... Who knows.

I read today the Steelers are keeping a close eye on Mike Mauti from Penn State. The rumor is Tomlin is enamored with him, but obviously his 3 torn ACL's is a huge red flag. His latest surgery was performed by the Steelers surgeon.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he also sent a letter to all 32 teams, telling them he'll be back. i read something where colbert was talking about it.:cool:

16. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If Mauti goes undrafted or if we have a chance to take him in the 7th with a compensatory pick, I think they should take a gamble on him. He would add depth and if his play goes back to what it has been he is a 2nd or 3rd round talent.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i mentioned him and hodges earlier this year as guys to watch from psu. both are solid. i think that's two big injuries for mauti though. thats a concern.:cool:

18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Mauti has more freaking heart for football than almost any player I have ever seen, Plus he will be a vocal leader, I'm not sure If he can ever be a starter or not. But, he is worth the risk of a late round pick. Plus you know Tom Bradley is talking Matui up to Mike Tomlin, Dick L, and Colbert (Bradley does a lot of post-game talking on the Steelers radio network, plus he is Matui's old D-Coord @ Penn State), I'm pretty sure that Bradley's brother, who is the Steelers team surgeon did Matui's latest knee operation.

Injuries are the knock on him. But hey look at Sean Spence, he had no knee injury history and one pre-season game, wham. Spence might never play a down of football again.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Steelers interviewed USC Safety T.J. McDonald.

20. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I totally agree. If they can find a way to get him, late or with a compensatory pick, they will be thankful they did. Mauti may have a large history or injury and could be one major injury from retirement, but that is no worse than where we are with Spence.

21. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I like this interview a bunch. Don't know how he has done on the field recently, but last year before the year started he was the #1 safety on the boards. Now he is down low, but I still think he has a ton of potential to replace Clark eventually.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    He does have solid starter potential, but be needs to learn how to tackle without leading with his helmet.

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i watched them interview mcdonald. he said his numbers were down because they were doing so many different things with him. first time things he had never done in games, so now he has a year of that under his belt. he said he played everywhere including rushing off the edge, playing up at the line, and blitzing. it's just more things he can do he said.:cool:

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Johnson?

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    my bad mcdonald. LOL not sure where i got johnson. thanks elvis.:facepalm::cool: