1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rookie minicamp roster announced

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Fugitive60, May 4, 2016.

1. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Among the undrafted, I think Montell Garner has some potential as does Tyriq McCord.
    Al-Hajj Shabazz certainly has the size you look for in a corner. CB Donald Washington was a 4th round pick out of Ohio State by the Chiefs back in 2009, and has played in Canada. I guess never being on an NFL roster makes him eligible for rookie camp, but Senquez Golson isn't.

I've heard some good things about, the Center out of NC State. I had never heard of Mars Hill until they signed Johnny Maxey, a 6'5" defensive end.

Some undrafted guy is going to be this year's phenom in Latrobe.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Usually, if a team can get at least 2-6 (depending on roster needs related to depth) on the team and/or practice squad, it usually constitutes into a solid undrafted class.

To the players, Tyriq McCord, Johnny Maxey, and Christian Powell are my favorites. Tyriq can not only set an edge, but is quite flexible given his weight. Johnny Maxey could potentially challenge LT for backup and rotation, and Christian Powell can add some decent depth and even be a hybrid RB/FB player to spare Nix some rest if need be.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've given up putting any energy into these guys anymore. Especially this class.

Justin Brown was the last one I championed, he even made the team briefly. It's just such a long shot for these guys to turn into anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    in honor of star wars day...

upload_2016-5-4_21-8-8.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Already handing out Heath's #

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    McCord probably has the most potential.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I didn't realise Dangerfield only has one year xp. Feels like he's been around much longer.