1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rome Interviews Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelAGirl, Oct 19, 2011.

1. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    [youtube:20s9wvk8]eRRjHyVM0wE[/youtube:20s9wvk8]

I DID IT!!!
    I just love this board. :-D

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Good interview, thanks for posting it.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Hey, high-five for getting it to work. :smile:
    Good interview. I missed this on ESPN earlier. I particularly enjoyed his comments about other QBs.

4. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That was pretty telling about protecting certain quarterbacks.

Good to hear even the players think so.

:amen:

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  6. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That was a good interview. "Stay focused on the task at hand.", "It's an honor anytime you're named Captain of the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Either he's matured alot or he's getting some pretty darn good PR coaching.

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I can just hear the controversy coming.

"Ben Roethlisberger says that the NFL caters to certain QBs."

Even though he never really said it, he was goaded into responding by Rome. then again, you almost have to admire how Rome will get someone to say something they know they shouldn't.

8. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It already happened, at the end of NFL Live on ESPN last night, they made it a point to show Ben's interview and only the part where he talked about quarterbacks not getting calls and the Tom Brady and Drew Bree's comments Ben had made. It was in the final minutes of the show.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

While I will always believe that the fan back lash and the suspension he got was total B.S. for a guy not even charged, I do think it was the best thing that could have happened to him, definitely seemed to wake him up.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sounds like he was pushing for that soundbite. Gotta give been some credit for eloquently dodging the team captain/suspension stuff. Gotta be getting a little old by now.

11. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Missed this yesterday. Thanks for posting it SteelAGirl! :thumbsup:

12. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought he handled Himself very well. He didn't take the bait from Rome. He represented the Steelers really well. His face looks a little round, married life must be good for him. Yes, thank you for posting.

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I resemble that remark. :doh:

(Happy) married life can do that to a man.

But Ben is a paid athlete. Hope he doesn't get TOO comfortable. So far, other than some fullness in the face (which may be natural, or even a side effect if he's on something like Prednisone), it doesn't seem like he's letting himself slip.

14. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I resemble that remark. :doh:

(Happy) married life can do that to a man.

But Ben is a paid athlete. Hope he doesn't get TOO comfortable. So far, other than some fullness in the face (which may be natural, or even a side effect if he's on something like Prednisone), it doesn't seem like he's letting himself slip.[/quote:3rirohdk]
    No, he looks fit, but I guess we're just watching him grow up. It's been 8 years. I'll be 60 in a couple of months, everyone looks young to me.

15. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yea Rome was for sure, Ben did a good job at throwing it all under the rug...NFL Live just was trying to get something out there to stir the pot, but its been a few days and nothing more has been said about it, which is a good thing. I think Rex Ryan saying he woulld have won a couple rings already if he had gotten the Chargers head coaching job instead of Norv Turner has kind of gotten the spot light this week. Thats fine by me, let that loud mouth ex ravens coach run his mouth all day long. I laugh at Rex but I dont know if i could handle him if I was a jets fan, he is an attention magnet and is always saying something.