1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger's right thumb injured

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Nov 15, 2011.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sigh. Our bye week couldnt have come at a better time and I normally HATE the bye week... :blackeye:

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Could be worse I guess, but not really what you want to hear. So, it's actually broken? Guess it's good it's before the bye week.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Its glove time,hopefully it will improve his accuracy,it usually does

5. Heath!!

Heath!! New Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He wore the glove on Sunday. I noticed it during the second half. I don't think her started the game with it.

6. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    That might explain some of the poor throws. Either way, not good at all. No way a broken thumb will heal in 2 weeks. No way he'll be able to effecvtively grip the ball for those lasers into a small window he might need to fire. This really sucks......

7. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How many times was he sacked in the Cincy game? Shouldn't be surprised. Good thing he is not glass like Bradford or Stafford. At least there is a good chance he will play and play at a pretty damn high level. That said I can't see how it won't effect him some.

Man we can't catch a break on the injury front this year can we?

8. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben will be fine after 2 weeks rest. My goodness we are playing KC with a second string QB. I think Batch or Dixon could handle this game. LOL :drinks: :drinks:

9. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, his fracture will not heel in 2 weeks. But maybe they should put Batch or Dixon in for this game. Get the W and let Ben rest...3 full weeks between games would put the thumb in a good place if its not too bad of a fracture.

10. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think some of the poor throws might be more explained by him saying he "strained his right arm" when reaching for the goal line on a play against Baltimore the week before. I thought something was amiss near the end of that game because his throws on that desperation drive at the end were pretty poor/weak. Hopefully he can heal up nicely for the stretch after the bye.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Just goes to show you we have a man for a qb.... Most qbs would have never played another snap

12. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    There was a time when I would have read this thread and I would have immediatly referred to Ben as a "DRAMA QUEEN" but every since that Raven game where he had his nose broken and still played and even WON the game, I now refer to him as SuperMan. :D
    :flag:

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Man of STEEL :flag:

14. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    the dude always got a bad rap by Steeler fans as being a drama queen, but a lot us forget that he has played behind some of the worst olines in the league and has taken a pounding.

we dont think much of all the hits he takes because hes so big and strong, but most qbs would never survive the beating he takes.

when those 300lbs plus guys hit him and even though that cant take him down it still wears on him.

he has always played through the injuries hes had.

the dude just gets it done. is it always pretty? no, but if you go by his record its usually effective.

15. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep...
    And it is officially broken, now...
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11319/1190070-100.stm
    Not sure if that is the same link the O.P., put in, to update the beginning thread, but it was what I read right before I came here.
    Man,.,.,. "Drama Queen"... REALLY?!?!
    I have heard a LOT of our fans say that in the past...
    But I just don`t buy it!
    The kid(MAN, now), toughed it out thru an offseason bike wreck that damn near killed him, an appendectomy after that (when he never really should have been playing that soon after the wreck, to begin with...)...
    Broken nose... Broken foot...Concussion the last game of the season against the Clowns, he was back for the Playoffs... etc...
    What more can he do to show his toughness?!?!?
    Honestly, I didn`t remember the thing with his thumb, but it would explain a lot of times, when I wondered...
    "Ben?!? Where the hell was that ball going?!?"

16. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Damn it. Always something. My God we could be a good as GB I think if we were just healthy.

17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Man, always seems to be something. I agree with the previous post about Batch playing against K.C.

18. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    There was an article on the Steeler website, where Ben said he would be playing this week if they had a game and he will definitely plan the KC game. Pain must not be that bad compared to what he has already endured throughout the years.

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well then I guess it's :thumbs_up: Sorry, couldn't let that icon rest in this thread :grin: