1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger: Washington needs to make that catch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah and big Ben needs to stop throwing stupid interceptions.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yes he does. Didn’t need to jump. Landed on his arm and knocked the ball free. That could’ve been a score.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Compared to Bryant in '14 and Juju in '17... Washington is a disappointment. We are spoiled at WR... usually we hit more than miss at WR.

It's still way too early to give up on Washington.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let the coach decide who's gonna be out there.

6. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not something you need to put out there to the media even if it is a rookie. I believe Ben overthrew that pass just slightly, he certainly overthrew a few others in that game. Here's the bottom line for those that may want to blame Connor, Grimble, Tomlin, Washington etc

There was no reason for us not to run the ball more with that 7 pt lead. I didnt want to go conservative but Connor was under used. Have to get him involved in the game to get his rhythm (no different than Leveon)

We didn't play down to the Broncos we simply gave them the game because of bad turnovers, points off the board and momentum changing turnovers which Ben had a big part in

Think about this for a second Ben is tied for 2nd place in turnovers for a QB, Tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick who did not start every game for Tampa Bay and only behind Sam Darnold who did not start every game for the Jets AND IS A ROOKIE. Someone who wears #7 needs to take some responsibility. Without the Turnovers by our QB we might only have 1 or 2 losses.

vs Browns (3 int's)
    vs Chiefs (0 int's) Loss primarily on the D
    vs Ravens (1 int) Again our D wasn't up to par
    vs Broncos (2 int's)

We will go as far as Ben and Connor take us. Balanced attack, spread the ball around, no forcing to AB int's

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    God I hate Ben. I've never hated a star player on one of my teams before Ben .

He's far from perfect. He threw 2 horrible picks. So perhaps before he crucifies anyone else publicly, he should make sure he's perfect.

Say it to him privately or let the coaches say it publicly if need be .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    DHB makes that catch and scores. Washington needs to be benched.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Apparently Ben is ***** eat crackers for some of you.

He said nothing wrong. He was complimentary of him, said he has confidence in him but needs to start making plays. Which is totally true. Spare me the keep it in the locker room bit, he was answering a question and didn’t say anything bad.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    DHB couldnt catch an STD in a San Francisco bath house.......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    For what it's worth Diggs made a similar attempted diving catch in the end zone during the Sunday night game and couldn't survive the ground. I bring it up because these things happen all the time in football. I mentioned in the game day thread the margin between hero and dud is so small, he clutchs that ball and we are talking about how great a catch it is. He doesn't and we'll here we are. If he wasn't a rookie that was experiencing growing pains would this be as magnified ?

12. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    JuJu: Ben needs to make that throw when I am wide open.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agreed. As often happens, some folks read only part of the quote and miss the point.

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's called practice Ben! One on One. I think we are all forgetting what a promising preseason Washington and hunter had. And, it was all because, dobbs practiced with those two mentioned. They built chemistry. That chemistry from practice ... even dethroned Landry from a backup spot on the team.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That won’t get you elected

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I think he is pretty modest and humble.. Most losses he usually points to himself as being at fault

17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree fully with that, but I do not agree with publicly blasting your teammates unless you're perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Diggs is producing and he has a strong track record. Washington is a rookie who isn't producing at all.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He didn't blast Washington. He gave an honest answer, and part of that answer was Roethlisberger expressing his confidence in Washington.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Washington will have better days. He just needs to focus a little more.

Regarding what Ben stated, he is correct. Even a little confidence goes a long way. He had it in the preseason and even during the early parts of the regular season.

I am certain he will get it back.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hence the point, rookie, rough time, small sample size.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Admittedly I didn’t read the article I only read your post.
    I love Ben and he’s right the kid needs to make that play, but it’s hard to listen to a guy give criticism even if it’s meant in a constructive way when he basically just gave away any chance we had at winning with a terrible decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The point is the rookie is hurting the team when he plays. He hurts the team by giving them no production out of that position and now he hurt the team even more by dropping what should have been at least a long completion. I'm not going to say it should have been a touchdown because it wasn't a perfect throw and there was a defender in position to make a tackle, but if he can't even make that catch, he doesn't belong in the game. Sit him and start over in the offseason.

What some people seem to be forgetting is that the NFL doesn't grade on a curve. A drop is a drop whether the player is a rookie or not. Zero receptions are zero receptions whether the player is a rookie or not. This is a team that should at least win the division and the lack of production and the failure in a big spot by Washington is one reason even that goal is in jeopardy.

To be clear, he is far from the only reason they lost. In fact, Washington is well down the list, but other than Grimble, the others who screwed up are also making positive plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't usually agree all the time with you but this right here is winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1