1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger vs Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And his stellar play in 2019 was a key reason why we stayed in contention for the playoffs with backup QBs leading the way. The problem isn’t Minkah, it’s that our coaching staff isn’t letting him be the elite free safety that he is, and is instead trying to use him as a “chess piece” all over the field.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've been saying this. They know What else is back there, and They are trying 2 ask 2 Much of Him. Plus I seen Him (it Looked Like) B!+<hing out T. Edmunds after a play. Seems Like T. Edmunds is always the one getting the Lip service from D players after something. :shrug:

3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I don't know. I'm still irritated we didn't win Super Bowl XLV. I seriously wouldn't mind the transition right now, had the Steelers won that Super Bowl. Every year since that game has been a rock in my shoe. Steelers lost two ****ing Super Bowl's with the ball in their hand, with a chance to win. I hate losing Super Bowl's. I don't know what to think anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    What is Ben’s style? We’re already throwing screens and 5-yard dumps.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Mason did look good during his 2020 debut in the final game against Cleveland. He had made some strides.... but his uneven pre season action this year was not encouraging to say the least.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You mean his 75% completion rate and 299 yards?

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think Colbert was lying about his grade on Edmunds. I think it is irrelevant. The team's grade on a player is only part of the equation. If everybody else has the player as a third-round talent, it is a waste to take him in the first, no matter how much you like the guy. If the Steelers were the only team with a first-round grade on Edmunds, he was a reach. As it turns out, he was also a poor choice.

In one of the previous discussions of this topic, I brought up the example of John Stallworth. Chuck Noll wanted Stallworth in the first round. Of course, he was right that Stallworth was that good, but the smart play was to take him later because he would still be available. That smart play allowed them to get both Lynn Swann and John Stallworth in that same draft.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Look at the tape again.

Numbers can be deceiving.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    i don’t need to look again. I watched the games live. He was making good decisions and was accurate with the football.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep. SBXXX and SBXLV were both winnable until the untimely turnover. XXX was more heart breaking because I know a lot of Cowboys fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Disagree.

He was accurate.... for short passes. In the 2020 Finale, he threw that ball all over the place. Pre season though?! Was no evidence of the sort.

12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    We're talking about Rudolph, right?

His accuracy was/is terrible. Receivers were constantly reaching up, back, away with no chance to YAC. In today's NFL if you aren't hitting receivers on the run or at least in a position where they want get lit up, you don't stand a chance.

/To clarify, what I'm saying is that in the NFL, accuracy is more than just putting passes where receivers can catch it. It's about putting passes where receivers can do something after catching it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Shockingly, it seems to be an underrated trait when evaluating QBs now. It's all about improvisation, which maybe makes sense because it takes less time to get a guy ready. Why learn the playbook when you can just run around and make plays? Seems they're just dumbing down the game QBs play, but I wonder how sustainable it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    WOW....In agreement again. :thumbs_up: