1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocky Bleir honored

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, May 30, 2023.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This is special in so many ways and the recognition for this award is beyond the greatest gratitude.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been to the moving viet nam memorial wall where he speaks

He seems to be an excellent person

I’ve had the occasion to meet him in a line but I don’t like to bother people

Also his one man show around the holidays “The Play” is something every fan would thoroughly enjoy

• Like Like x 3
  4. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Ok I'm confused. Rocky served in the Army, but gets honored by the Marines? When will the Air Force honor him too?

Don't get me wrong, I respect the guy and his service. I just don't get why one branch would honor a member from a different branch.

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I wondered same thing but ain't complaining since it's a Steeler.

• Like Like x 2
  6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    "The prestigious Semper Fidelis Award is presented annually by the Marine Corps University Foundation to noteworthy Americans."
    "Past recipients include Presidents George HW and George W Bush, Clint Eastwood, Honorable Colin L. Powell, General James Mattis, the Honorable Antonin Scalia, Ted Williams, and Col Barney Barnum."
    Not many actual Marines in that list. It is kind of a conservative who's who, though. Rocky's in some pretty good company.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Saw Rocky walking amongst Steelers fans a tailgate last year.

He walked across the parking lot really well he chatted and took pictures with a bunch of fans for a while.

Stand up nice guy, unbelievable for a guy in his mid 70s, injured in war, playing all that football that his health is as good as it was and he was walking great.

They don't make them like that guy anymore. I also had a hard to convincing my 12 year old daughter that he played for the Steelers once upon a time and won 4 Super Bowls....

• Like Like x 2