1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Road games against Raiders scary for steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Odds we show up and play a solid game since raiders are average at best. A winnable game but these games always trip up Cheerleader in charge MT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well its the 1st game ever in Las Vegas hopefully its better than Oakland that place was a house of horrors for the Steelers over the years.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    @Oakland losses in 2013 and 2018 were classic Steelers playing down to the competition. And let's not forget the 2009 debacle at Heinz Field. Steelers D made Gradkowski look like late 80's Joe Montana.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Well, the Steelers aren't rolling in town with any real form so hard for them to play down at this point...but possible!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    can we start our D on offense?

just putrid

will the story line be that every defense we face is just 'great'?

we suck on O, that is FOR SURE.

Najee won't see a 2nd contract (or a least a large one..)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I was at that game and everyone was in a jovial mood going into the 4th quarter with a 14 point lead over the lowly Raiders. Then Gradkowski goes off for 3 TD passes in the final 10 minutes and everyone left the stadium stunned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Usually I despise when Steelers have to go west but for some reason I think our D will handle Jimmy G. and Kenny P. has his best game of season so far. Just a hunch. We can't be that bad on offense, right?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I know we suck against them it seems when we travel, just like Philly. Gotta snap out of it!!

9. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2023
    This game is "scary" if we had a complete team with some semblance of an offense. As it is, this game is downright frightening. But if Tomlin wants to hold onto his version of the Super Bowl (not a losing record) he needs to win games like these.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I was unaware of these facts about Steelers against Raiders out west. Since they continued the amazing MNF winning streak last night, would be a great time to stop this Raider road streak. :thumbs up:

Long time comin’

How long has it been since the Steelers have won a road game against the Raiders? Well, let’s put it this way. The Raiders had just moved back to Oakland that year.

That’s right, the Steelers haven’t beaten the Silver and Black on the road since 1995. It was a 29-10 victory in Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Norm Johnson kicked five field goals. Ernie Mills caught two touchdown passes from Neil O’Donnell. Eric Pegram had 122 yards on 29 carries as Bill Cowher’s Steelers improved to 10-4 and the Raiders fell to 8-6.

It was the seventh of eight wins in a row for the club. Oakland missed the playoffs. The Steelers went onto the Super Bowl before falling to the Dallas Cowboys.

Since then, the Steelers have only traveled to face the Raiders four times. After an 11-year hiatus, they played in Oakland in 2006, ‘12, ‘13 and ’18, losing all four contests. Three of those results were by a field goal, the other was by seven points.

Overall, the Raiders have won six of the last nine in the series.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I don't know which road loss was the worst. The Ben right after crashing his motorcycle losing to Andrew Walter or the Terrell Pryor 93 yard run to beat us loss.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    as of now it looks like an immaculate deception. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Depends on this offense. I was happy when they drafted Pickett but something seems off. He has this blank stare like possibly he feels that this whole team is riding on his shoulders. He needs to get out of this funk. You have the he sucks, he's a bust, he is a below average QB and I get it he has played sub par with a few exceptions we saw on Monday night. Not getting much help from the offensive line and that goes for running lanes as well. Oh and there is Canada.

The defense better get the lack of communication BS out of their system. Good thing we have Watt and Highsmith. I want to see Porter get more then a handful of snaps.

They should win over this Vegas junk.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    The Raiders are favored by 1.5 points. The 3rd straight game the Steelers are underdogs to start the season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wow it's at Raiders....you would think it would at least be 2.5, or 3.

16. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I'm just glad the Raiders are favorites. I know in the betting world that home dogs like to bite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The Offensive Line will have another test. Never mind the rest of the line, Dan Moore isn't going to have it easy yet again. Though while Maxx Crosby will be a major force in the game, don't count out Tyree Wilson. I am not saying he has not struggled thus far; he has. However, his best asset coming out of Texas Tech was speed to power. Why am I mentioning speed to power you ask?!

Guess what Dan Moore struggles with?! Speed to power.

While some may balk at this and state "Well AQL, he handled Myles Garrett!! Dan will be fine against some Rookie!!"....

... um.....

Mind you, I have been saying this since Moore's Rookie Season when going up against Garrett. Stats don't always tell the whole story in these matchups. Yes, T.J. Watt has shown to be the better of the two but to say Myles Garrett has not beaten Moore like a drum is simply not true.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    These aren’t you fathers Raiders

No Oakland

An hour closer

Not the same rabid fans at the games

Back in the 70’s these games were like Rockem Sockem Robots

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Coaching staff better have our guys ready to play.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well that’s a different approach that might just work

• Like Like x 1
  21. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2023
    Well Kenny is ranked 29th QB in the NFL and our OL is in the bottom 5. And I think our O has scored 8.5 PPG.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is considered by many a winnable game can't have any let downs.
    Steelers get everybody's A game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    The Raiders don't have an elite QB like JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski or Terrelle Pryor this time.. so I'm confident we will come away victorious!

• Like Like x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Great avatar but just asking for a friend - are you and Strummer.........you know....an item?

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Saw this in the Trib - "60% of the crowd expected to be Steelers fans on Sunday night. That’s according to Vivid Seats’ “Fan Forecast,” which projects crowd outcomes. The matchup is trending as the hottest NFL tickets this week, with an average ticket price of $594, and as the Raiders’ second hottest ticket in over a decade.”

So there's that. :herewego:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2